Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shom

AI issues

Guest Shom

Hi again...I did a flight today from Boston Logan to Portland Intl and noticed 2 odd situations regarding AI.First, on departure I was cleared to taxi into position while having 2 USAir 737s in front of me.Second, On final to Portland I was closing in fast on a cessna that was in front of me and went right through it (suprisingly :)).I use V4.2 and Ultimate traffic.Oh, and one more thing, could it be that on a flight to Reno Approach forgot me? cause I overflew the airport without getting vectors and kept on...(I had a VOR between the airports).ThanksShomron

Regarding approach or any other time ATC ignores you:Make sure there are no outstanding acknowledgements if you do not have autoreply on or if Otto does not have the comms. An ack (and contact) is necessary before the next communication takes place.In the RC options make sure you have Interact With AI checked and a very recent release of FSUIPC version 3.71 being best right now. Earlier there were issues with RC seeing AI for a short time.

doesn't sound like you made your crossing restriction. what altitude were you at when you overflew the airport? did you reset your altimeter to the local pressure?