Sign in to follow this  
jd

key processing - questions i have for you.....

while i took a short holiday to minnesota, the process that generates keys ran on my machine at home. every hour it took the requests, and generated keys.90% of the key requests were handled correctly. but i want to make that number 100% - but i have to know why the 10% that failed, were failures.i have to ask some questions.1) why do people put email addresses they never use in the purchase screen? i don't spam, and the people who process the orders don't spam. whenever i have to change your email address, it's a manual effort, and your key request is rejected, because it's coming from an email address i don't know anything about.2) why do people not use the button i provide on the registration screen? the button says "Click here to Email Registration Information to JDT LLC". why do people insist on sending an email outside of the registration process?it's there because the key generating process needs to sort through hundreds of emails i receive, and it needs to know your product id. it can't do that if the email is: sent to jd@jdtllc.com has a subject line of "need another key" the body of the email contains information about why they need a key, that they got a new computer, etc. the name, and product id out of order, or on three lines, etci'd like to get out of the business of editting emails as they come in, to properly format them. i'd like to get out of tracking down the right email address on key requests from unknown email addresses.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!