Sign in to follow this  
Guest psyonic

Default airlines spelt phonetically.

I just installed RC4.3 for FSX and are having this problem (i.e.- Airlines spelled phonetically) Never had it before with previous versions of RC.Is there a fix?

I,m using FS9 and JF Traffic 2005 and both their Military PlusPaks. In that package "American" is "Merican", because American Air Lines didn't want to play and apparently threatened some kind of legal action. Anyway...I've had two varieties of this issue.1) In some cases, most often with "Merican" the flight will be called by "Mike" and a number. I don't get a complete spelling, just the first letter. I think I've heard this with other callsigns too, but not 100% certain of that.2) In other cases, I get a phonetic spelling of the whole airline name. In one example of this I was in a long queue waiting for takeoff with several Air Force types waiting too. As they were cleared one-by-one to take off ahead of me, some were called out by by the tower as "Air Force" and a number and some were spelled out (also with a number). There were several types involved and the JF military flight plans are in different files for different types.I'm going to look at the flight plan files for missing flight numbers and if that's all it takes to fix this it's no big deal. What I find puzzling is that even when the airline name is spelled out phonetically, I hear a number after it. Is that the registration number in lieu of a flight number?

look in the modulesfsuipc4.ini or the modulesfsuipc.ini file whichever is appropriateand find the lineTCASid=Flightdoes it say "flight"? if not, change it to flightsave, restart fs, see what happensstill have problems, make a log, follow the directions at the top of the forum, and email it to metell me what call signs are called by the first letter, and which ones are spelled outjd

jd:In response to your question to me, in my one flight so far I have noticed American, delta, and Comair all spelled out. The aircraft I was flying USairways, was pronounced fine. I believe there were also some other airlines which were pronounced fine as well.I also check this;"TCASid=Flight" and confirmed ALL WAS Okay there.Any thouhgts, or do you need a log from me?Merry Christmas,Dave

update fsuipc to 4.2, and try it again. send me the .log if they are still spelled outjd

jd:I am so E-M-B-A-R-R-A-S-S-E-D !! I actually downloaded the latest FSUIPC last week and got caught up in the "Christmas Spirit", I forgot to install it :-(.Sorry to have taken up your time !!Thanks,Dave

"2) In other cases, I get a phonetic spelling of the whole airline name. In one example of this I was in a long queue waiting for takeoff with several Air Force types waiting too. As they were cleared one-by-one to take off ahead of me, some were called out by by the tower as "Air Force" and a number and some were spelled out (also with a number). There were several types involved and the JF military flight plans are in different files for different types."I just checked the Traffic 2005 flight plan files for the airport where this occurred. In the flight plan file for one of the types involved, all of the AC had the same flight number.I'm not sure if the issue of duplicate flight numbers could be related in any way to the problem of phonetically spelling the call signs but it's the only oddity I saw in the flight plan files. I checked all of the flight plan files for all of the Air Force aircraft scheduled out of that particular airport.