Sign in to follow this  

Blurry Textures

It's not that "we Americans" have an unwillingness to learn other laungages, it's that they just where not made mandetory in our upbring as I understand English is in many parts of the world.BTW, I speak Spanish, somewhat ;-))

Don't believe this an issue... The nvidia card used by the thread's author does not have a 24-bit mode. The issue is one of excessive texture blurring--not loss of fps and/or system instability. Microsoft has never mentioned this issue in any of their KB updates. My hunch is that there is still something--some process--soaking up cpu cycles and allowing the texture updates to fall behind. Or an IRQ conflict between the vid card and another card. But whatever the issue, I'm afraid the KB won't yield much. And the problem is more of a challenge to troubleshoot, as BA767 (most likely due to timezone differences) isn't able to engage in a steady troubleshooting dialog.-John

That's my point I'll agree think it's hardware related because there is indeed excessive texture blurring.Since he did a fresh install of O/S and FS2002 as stated in previous message here, what I'll ment with right out the box is as a system has the same specs regarding hardware then you should not have those excessive blurring :( That's why I'll asked the questions to have a good picture of the PC and hardware involved for further troubleshooting...Regarding blurred graphics/poor vga performance they mentioned them in the KB's for CF2, strange...I'm looking tomorrow morning on our Technet/MSDN DVD'S there is a lot more information as they put on the web :(awfEHAM

André

If it's hardware, I'd rule out heat.... But some type of odd grouping of IRQ assignments. If he is truly formatting his system, and loading a clean FS2002 on top of a clean WinME, then hardware is a more likely suspect. I also recall something about USB devices causing display issues. I've seen mention of CFS2 display issues, but just as with FS2002 they are video card specific, and none address blurring specifically. They do address various display issues and bugs, but nothing similar to what the thread's author has posted. As I noted in another post, don't expect to find anything like this in any existing MS KB or Technet info. One thing I forgot to mention to BA767--in FS2002.cfg, there is an Auto_LOD line. That should be set to zero--and I believe it defaults to one, though it's been seven months since I installed FS2002... The other thing--I've always run my system with Active Desktop disabled. I simply find it running better. That might be worth a try, as WinME defaults to Active Desktop...

Guest Stamatis

Hi Paul,"Lod minus -1.0 is very agresive, and unless you have applied the driver patch via GTU or Riva Tuner the driver will still be limited to a LOD of 0.0."First time I hear of this, care to expand/explain please?You mean that if I set my LOD to -1.0 it will revert to 0.0?What is the minimum LOD value that will be accepted/displayed properly then?Also, what is this "driver patch" you are referring to?What drivers does it apply to?Many thanks,Stamatis

Guest PaulL01

>Hi Paul, >>"Lod minus -1.0 is very agresive, and unless you have >applied the driver patch via GTU or Riva Tuner the driver >will still be limited to a LOD of 0.0." >>First time I hear of this, care to expand/explain please? >You mean that if I set my LOD to -1.0 it will revert to 0.0? >What is the minimum LOD value that will be >accepted/displayed properly then? >Also, what is this "driver patch" you are referring to? >What drivers does it apply to? >>Many thanks, >Stamatis Sure,Drivers 23.xx on do not allow LOD adjustment of any negative value; -0.1 etc., However it can be done with a patch to the driver's NV32dd.dll file via RvTuner,GTU and I believ the lates version of HardPage as well all though I haven't tested HardPage, I can vouch for the others.Yes, If you are using drivers 23.xx or newer you are only getting 0 LOD no matter your negative setting, no matter what software you are using unless the patch is applied as provided by GTU or RvTuner.Take Care,Paul

Guest Stamatis

How interesting! Thanks for letting me know, I was not aware of this.Does this also apply to anisotropy settings, and antialiasing settings?Stamatis

Guest Stamatis

Paul,"However it can be done with a patch to the driver's NV32dd.dll file via RvTuner,GTU and I believ the lates version of HardPage as well all though I haven't tested HardPage, I can vouch for the others."Although I have RvTuner and GTU I cannot find the patch you are referring to, so that I can run it.Can you please assist?Stamatis