Sign in to follow this  
SlickNick

Missed Approach Fiasco

So last night on the way into TNCM from KMIA, I was told to go around at around 500'. (THis was for rwy 9.) So, I'm told climb and maintain 4000, when able turn left heading 095*. I do both, and hold both, and don't hear from ATC. The copilot is on the comms, but there's no options to choose except for Req. IAP Approach, even though I wan a visual for rwy 9. SO I click on that anyway, and then hit "none" then choose RWY 9. It requests (and I am granted) the "full approach" for rwy 9. I circle back around, and come into land again when I'm told once again to go around. Same procedure repeats itself. Finally, on the 3rd attempt, I don't get landing clearance or even a "contact tower" nothing. So i land anyway (already cutting into my reserves) and slowing past 80kts I get "go around." I tell him to pound sand and bring the plane to a stop as a baron goes whizzing over my head in the other direction. I thought RC was supposed to hold all other traffic until I was down?Anyways, even though winds were calm, rwy 27 was active. Even before I launched RC, I selected runway 9 in the "controller info" screen.What's goin on here?

any comment about liking your steak medium rare?if you choose a runway, and the ai are using a different runway, you're going to be in conflict. i'm not going to stop the ai from doing what they are doing.you're go arounds were probably due to the ai on the runway taking off.might want to let rc decide what runway to use, when you arrive, as opposed to when you start rcif you can duplicate the problem, create a .log and send it to me. i'll check it outjd

Fair enough, but my main concern is why I was not vectored around for another approach, or asked what I wanted to do, or anything? I would have just kept right on flying off into nowhere forever.

it is unclear what happened. a log would tell me. if you think you can duplicate the problem, send me a .logi know there is a tutorial on missed approaches, or go arounds. fly that first, and see if that works, then try your missed approach.jd