Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

can you explain holding, i never got the prompt?

I was flying and when approaching the controller said i will be in a hold due to traffic and weather, i was told to fly 100 on the heading and that was it i circled one of the vor points which was the last on my plan, and still nothing no further clearence nor any communication prompt about delay vectors or flying the holding pattern, so i went back to my 100 hdg and kept flying still nothing, he also didn't tell me off for going off course, and im sure i was about 30 minutes later, however he didn't like me changing altitude.May I know what i may have done wrong?Thanks!

there is a section in the manual on holding.two varieties. holding pattern, which you are expected to know how to fly, and vectors, where the controller tells you what to do.depending on where the last and what the last checkpoint is (vor and less than 5 miles from the airport), you will have the option to choose holding pattern or vectorsif the last checkpoint is not a vor, or a vor more than 5 miles from the airport, or the rc co-pilot has the comms, you will only have the option for vectorsread the section on holding, i think there is a tutorial on it as well. read the tutorial. fly the tutorial.let me know if there are any questionsjd

I did read it and it did work when i did the tutorial but not on this specific flight nothing happened, the controller would still have to call me even if I fly the pattern as per the holding instructions. When a slot opens up he should let me in, how long can this wait be?

if you don't fly the holding pattern correctly, the leg lengths, the headings, you may be out there for a long time.jd