Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lissart

Departure runway holding points

Guest Lissart

Gents,With runways using a number of different entry points, does RC recognise all of them if the data base builder has been run? In other words, can I use an intersection departure or will I wait forever for the clearance? What about CatIII holding in low visibility? If not close enough to the runway centre line (which would be the case holding at the catIII point) I understand that RC would not recognise that I was ready for departure?ThanksAndy

tricky question. one that i haven't test thoroughlythe best entry point, is the one furthest from the other end of the runway.you should be able to do a mid field takeoff, you just have to stop and be close enough to the runway edge for RC to see that you want to take off from therenow what happens when ai are taking off from the end of the runway? i don't know.play around, let us know what you find.jd

Guest Lissart

JD,Ha! Tricky questions....! I will let you know what I find. I suppose RC should be able to do this for us for realism, especially given that we all these superb sceneries around for big international airports. Can I deduce that the CatIII thing I mentioned is therefore getting just too complicated??Andy