Sign in to follow this  
Guest Menno

Flightplan probs with RC + PMDG

Guest Menno

Hello everyone,I can't get RC to accept my plotted flightplan.I make use of "Route Finder" to get my flightplan which I plot into the FMC of my PMDG 747.How do I get my route to be accepted by RC?Example(just tried) KLAX to MMMX:Route: KLAX sid JLI j93 PPE ut10 ZCL uj5 QET v14 SLM star MMMXFL 330After take off RC keeps on directing me to a non plotted waypoint or VOR, and the AP won't engage on the plotted route.Do I perhaps need FSNav to convert the route?all help welcomeHappy landings!

You need to create an FS flightplan that RC can read and understand...DJ

When using Routefinder to export your FMC plan, export it for FS9 or FSX as well. RC must have the same plan in one of the FS formats. When you export in both formats and in your FMC import as a company route, both RC and your FMC will have the same waypoints. Do not use the procedures in the FMC as its database might be different. I assume Routefinder on exporting to FS converts its SID/STARS to waypoints. If not you should use FSNAV or FSBuild to input the Routefinder plan and export to both formats. In your FMC it is OK to load the final procedure such as an ILS for the runway so your ND will display situational awareness while you use the MCP or hand fly the airraft as necessary.Be aware that RC ATC may give you some departure and arrival different command vectoring and altitudes then what is entered and calculated for aircraft performance by your FMC. Know how to manipulate your aircraft via the MCP and how to update your LEGS page to present position or another waypoint in the list to recalculate a direct to route when told to resume your own navigation so you can use LNAV for departure. On arrival be prepared to switch from LNAV/VNAV to MCP control to meet vectoring and altitude restrictions as announced by RC ATC.

Guest Menno

Thnxs for the detailed info.Route finder fligtplans can't be converted directly to a FS readable .pln. So I will try FSNav and convert.Happy Landings.