Sign in to follow this  
NeilC

Rather harsh ATC

While I am in a posting mood, just a quick observation.When instructed to climb or descend ATC seems a bit Nazistic in their fervour to get you moving.If you haven't started descending within about 10 seconds they come back at you very quickly complaining "your were instructed to.......". This is also the same for switching frequencies.I am an ATCO in real life unfortunately, and we do give people a bit of slack. If you require someone to follow an action immediately you use the words "immediately" or "expedite". Some real world pilots don't manage to change frequencies in a minute let alone 10 seconds ;-)Any chance of calming them down a bit. After all, by the time I have reprogrammed the FMS a few seconds have passed :-) and it seems to be giving us ATCOs a bad name.

beta.gif

When instructed to climb or descend ATC seems a bit Nazistic in their fervour to get you moving.Yes, this issue has been raised many times both here and in the beta team - I think you'll find a marked improvement in version 5 when it's released. In the meantime, the workaround is to delay acknowledging the descent clearance until you're ready to leave. Very unrealistic, I know, but it will buy you the extra bit of time you need.I am an ATCO in real life unfortunately,...Well, I've heard being a member of our profession described as many things but "unfortunate"? That's a new one on me. :-)Petehttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpg

turn off pilot auto-reply, and acknowledge the clearance when you are readyjd

I'll turn off the auto reply.Thanks for the tip, I only had it enabled out of sheer lazyness:-)As for being unfortunate, goes without saying in this job;-)

beta.gif