Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

ATIS Info via Radar Contact

Quick question: Does RC generate it's own ATIS report or does it read the data from the report generated by the default FS9 system? A friend of mine is designing an airport and can't get the ATIS selection to come up in the default FS9 window -- the option isn't even listed -- but we can get it if we load up good 'ol RCv4.3.

Frequencies are furnished with RC4 in a separate database and not read from scenery. Where no frequency exists, a default may be assigned (check the controller panel).Weather is read I believe from the FS weather engine data and runway information is based on AI action or picked by RC according to weather and runway data to match tower commands.If your friend is using AFCAD to design the airport that is not enough for FS9 to see it for its native info displays. FS9 takes this info from the default AP files. It takes a full scenery development program to generate proper code in XML and then compile it with the SDK compiler as I understand it. As an example navaids created by AFCAD I'm told will not show up in the default GPS.

Thanks, Ron. No he's not just using AFCAD.