Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bilbosmeggins

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bilbosmeggins

  1. Well I'm seriously looking forward to flying it. My Warthog HOTAS should be delivered tomorrow, and my Saitek Combat Pedals Friday then it's all systems go. Cannot wait. And if it really hooks me I'll be looking at building a new system to suit
  2. All good. Managed to get it loaded and authenticated. Certainly not easy doing it from disk though. There were no pointers or helpers at all. I had to find the hoops to jump through myself. On the bright side................................. It looks amazing
  3. Why do they make things so sodding complicated? Just made the mistake of buying the boxed version of the P-51D, because I was lured in by the "free video". I already have DCS World installed, I did that a few days ago. Anyhow, I popped the disk in and the only options available are Play (which just fires up DCS World), Uninstall (which wants to uninstall DCS World), and Play Video. Nowhere is there the option of installing the plane. I've fired up DCS world to see if that will let me do it somehow. All I get linked to is Purchase Download Version. What the hell? I'm clearly not gonna buy it twice. I haven't got it once yet. I thought everything was supposed to be easy in the DCS universe. I was preparing to buy the Warthog in a few days, and probably FC3, but now I am having serious doubts. I would send an email to ED but, last I heard, they don't exactly break their necks to answer problems. Any ideas anyone? Right, I've managed to muddle my way through and it's downloading now. Just hope I can activate it with my box-code when the time comes.
  4. Paragliding is just the best when it comes to flying with birds. I have flown at the Long Mynd many a time and "parked" my paraglider directly above hovering kestrels. With maybe only 6-8ft of separation I've been able to watch every minute feather adjustment they make as they seek out their quarry. And. with so many paraglider pilots frequenting the place, they are completely chilled about the whole affair. And then there are the buzzards who will happily thermal with you, and are infinitely better at it. Best moment of all was when a Red Kite came flashing over to check me out. He flew just a few feet away from my face and we were eye to eye for what seemed an eternity, but was probably only a matter of a few seconds. Then he rolled over, tucked his wings, and disappeared in the blink of an eye leaving me to contemplate just how clumsy we humans are in the air. Magical moments. I keep hoping that one day someone will develop a "natural" flight sim, with various bird/insects as the models. I would love to soar the slopes as a gull, or tuck my wings and swoop after prey as a peregrine. Go cross country as an eagle. Helicopters would be replaced by dragonflys. Just think it would be an awesome way of experiencing true flying. One day...........
  5. You sods. When I saw "Free flight" in the heading I thought there was a hang gliding or paragliding element to the game. I nearly creamed myself. Bugger :Phbbbt:
  6. I'm a bit miffed too. Took nearly four hours to download and then it tells me that my gfx card is not up to the job. Would have been nice if the installer could have given me that nugget of information BEFORE I wasted the time and the download wastage of 1.5gb :Phbbbt:
  7. I read plenty of topics before posting this, both pre and post-announcement. Not too sure what you are implying?
  8. Like many here, I am deeply, deeply disappointed with the the recent announcement from Microsoft. I had pinned many a hope on Flight being the way forward but it seems fairly evident that this is not yet the case. M$ are now targeting Joey Mainstream. Just a shame they don't appear to have done their homework too well in this regard. I frequent many forums, and do enjoy regular "gaming" aside from simming. Interestingly, one of the forums I visit often has a very active PC gaming section. Two Flight threads have appeared there in the last few day - one positive along the lines of "Ooh look, it's free", and one negative expressing recent news (Guilty as charged). BOTH threads sank without trace. Not a glimmer of interest from the regular gamers. Gamers who will enthuse over anything from Chuckie Egg to BF3. The gamers who M$ think will be flocking to fly through golden hoops etc.I honestly believe that we will get our sim in the end as M$ will soon realise the huge error of judgement they have made. The return of revenue that they are expecting will be nowhere near. They will be forced to do a complete U-turn, and will suddenly be looking to embrace the hard-core simmers once more. Although M$ will dress all of this up as some kind of strategy/master-plan. The only question then though is will I want to embrace a company that has such scant regard for it's loyal consumer base?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.