Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

IMPORTANT: P3Dv3 Users and QUICKSTART / SAVED FLIGHTS

Hi,

I found out that some planes have a strange behaviour by using them in a saved flight with P3Dv3. It started with the A2A planes (I am using C182 myself) but seems to be the same with build in planes like the Piper Cub (sometimes). With the A2A C182 it is 100% reproduceable (but seems not to be a A2A related problem from my point of view?!)

SIMstarter Quickstart is using saved flights to handle the selection of another plane or situation.

For that reason I recommend NOT TO USE SIMstarter Quickstart or loading a saved flight with P3Dv3 at the moment.

As I said it is not a SIMstarter related problem but looks like a problem with P3Dv3 itself (users of PMDG 737 experienced although strange issues).

To see if your favorite plane is crashing with P3Dv3 you can have a look at the windows > application event log

See screenshots of the windows event log (sorry, german):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ws15i9iu1kw7at4/AADmchCtfx_MdjvJJa3cpNAqa?dl=0

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

This may not help you, since I don't even know what SIMstarter is, but I've noticed that with P3Dv3 I'm not often able to save a given flight and then restart it by simply opening the fxml save file and bypassing the scenario start screen, all like I used to with P3Dv2.5. I almost always used this process to "shed" VAS and have now found that I'm not really able to use it. VAS management is so much better in V3 but on the couple of times I've tried to use this process, I see the P3D attempt to load items very quickly and then I just get a black screen. I can actually ctrl-C out of the program.

I don't want to kick the sleeping dog too much on this over at the LM forums--because it may just very well open a can of worms for them--and again, given the much improved VAS management in V3, this hasn't been a huge deal but reading your post has led me to realize it may be more widespread...

For sure. I will bring it to the LM forums because that way we are not able to use all planes with a saved flight from startup. As you wrote: something has changes from v2.5 to v3 in that matter because v2.x have never had such problems.

Thank you for confirming that issue.

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder