Sign in to follow this  
por930

No supporting prog. pull down lists when FSX running.

For some time now, I have noticed an issue in a W7 FSX machine where the pull down lists for some of the FSX supporting software do not pull down fully enabling me to get to any item on the list, other than the top item. The problem does not appear to be with FSX itself, as I can go into its settings and use all lists and commands with no issue at any time.

It is some of the supporting programs When FSX is running, such as: EZCA, where the list often refuse to scroll down and they leave artifacts on the screen box area when they do scroll. Aerosoft Airbus x Fuel Planner scroll boxes do not pull down, and recently, the great little program called, Where Are My Aircraft, which also uses scrolled lists, do not scroll down. In my FSX-SE system on a W10 machine, everything works great.

Now, the strange thing is, When FSX is not running, all these programs lists scroll correctly. BUT...when FSX is almost completed loading, and after loading the scrolling ability stops in these programs. Some thing must be dodgy with my FSX.

Tonight, I was about to remove FSX and rebuild, but then realised, I have a lot of added programs, so, trying to work out the cause may save me many hours(days) of stripping and rebuilding.

If anyone as any suggestions, I will gladly try anything. 

Geoff Bryce

Keep in mind that before doing anything drastic like a complete uninstall of FSX and all addons, the Repair option may be a better choice.  It will have no affect on addons.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

10 hours ago, charliearon said:

Keep in mind that before doing anything drastic like a complete uninstall of FSX and all addons, the Repair option may be a better choice.  It will have no affect on addons.

Thanks Charlie, Yes, that is my plan 'B'. I recall doing a repair such as that a year or so ago for some thing else. The problem was it took FSX back to the beginning and simconnect, .NET and other issues had to be all updated. So was trrying to get closer if possible.

Talking with a developer last week, he thinks it is to do with 3+++ language, as all these add on's run on it.

Anyway, my hunt continues

Geoff Bryce

Good luck with your quest!  Isn't that C+++. Language?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: