What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Rise of flight sale on steam
- REX 5 days 50 people 50% off contest
- Thai Creations 50% off sale
- FlightsimTools.com 3 for 2 deal
- SimSkunkWorks planes 50% off until Aug. 16th
- Another FSX-SE Sale on Steam
- ImagineSim airports 20% off at their website
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- X-Plane VMAX 777 Workdliner Extended 50% Off!
- MSI N550GTX-TI-M2D1GD5/OC
- GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant on Ebay(UK)
- For Sale:GOFLIGHT GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant
- MSI GTX 980 4GB OC Editon. $400
- (2) EVGA GTX970 SC For Sale. Never overclocked, ready to go
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- UK Only - Saitek Cessna Yoke and addtional Throttle Quadrant
- MEGASCENERYEARTH V2 Baltimore/Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia DVD
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II OC
. . .
5 replies to this topic
Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:36 PM
When on the ramp, setting still, the 'Y' key to slew causes the aircraft to move forward very fast and you have to hold the brake to get it to stop. What is the cause and how can it be fixed. I just installed the 'all707' file and it is just about impossible to slew while on the ramp. Thanks.
Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:50 PM
Your joystick not centered properly?Before hitting the "Y" key, hit the "P" key. Then grab the joystick, hit "Y", then "P". You should be able to control from there.If it's a pure speed of the slewing that's causing the problems, then it is possible to edit one of the files to slow things down to a more manageable level.
Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:07 PM
And slewing can't be stopped with the brakes, that's be design. The other thing is the slew speed depending on the joystick input and the tip from meshman is a very good one here.Be gentle on the stick then, just like flying the thing.
Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:26 PM
Ok, here is what is happening. When I press the 'Y' key to slew, it works fine. I can move forward , backwards etc. But when I hit the 'Y' key again to get out of the slew mode, the aircrat zooms across the ramp and is uncontrolable until I again strike the 'Y' key. Strange. This is only happening with this aircraft. All others work fine. Thanks.
Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:20 AM
The slew mode has separate axis assignments from "flight" mode, and FSX tries to assign slew actions for every controller you connect to PC. While this default assignments usually work ok for basic joysticks, they are totally wrong for rudder or separate throttles.You have to check axis assignments for the slew mode in FSX menus, and remove unwanted entries.