Sign in to follow this  
lykon

Photographic scenery fsx

Hello guys i am using sbuilderx in order to do some sceneries with succes but i have a problem i need to discus. If i select for example add map / from background and then i make my selection in zoom15 and size=2.348.810 KB i am geting the usuall error " could not make an image ". If i try the same with size=377.487 KB for example it working fine with no erros. My system memory is 12 giga of ddr3 and my os is win 7 ultimate. I think i have enough memory for the first option so why i could not make it work? What i am doing wrong? Also if i am in zoom 10 for example and i add map / from background i only can choose zoom four levels up which is in that situation 14.Is there any possibylity to be in zoom 10 and then go add map / from background and be able to choose as high as15 or 17 for example? Thats all. Many thanks in advance.

If you are trying to do a large area, break it down into smaller sections. Otherwise you will get the error message you mention. There are limits as to what SBuilderX can generate, despite the system specifications.By working in smaller sections you'll be able to modify the imagery easier, if so desired. Should you want to generate fewer BGL files it is still possible with some renaming of the BMP and INF files once you have generated the smaller BGL file.On the zoom level, WYSIWYG. So again, work in smaller area. Trying to cover an area shown at level 10 and grabbing tiles at level 16 or 17 isn't going to happen. Work in smaller areas.Notice a repeating theme here? Smaller areas! :(

In spite of the amount of RAM you may have, SBuilderX, and Flight Simulator, for that matter, is a 32 bit program and cannot address anything but a very small quantity of your available memory. So, you are running out of memory when trying to make such large Maps.Consider that to make a Map, you need memory for: - all of the individual image tiles that you have downloaded from Google, they need to go in a workspace in memory - you need also enough memory for the final image that will be created from the tiles - and you need working space for the assembly of the tiles into the final image.So, the memory you need to create a Map is much, much more than the size of the final image.The solution, as Lance mentions, is simple: make much smaller Maps.And because of that, you do not need to view the SBuilderX workspace at zoom 10 and be able to create a Map at zoom 17 because you would not have enough memory for such a large Map anyway.Best regards.Luis