Sign in to follow this  
michaelb15

Removing those annoying altitude alarms.

I have a couple planes and helocopters that have a really annoying altitude alarm, expessially the one in the UH 60 Blackhawk helicopter, it tells me to pull up, even though im flying level, or decending even the smallest amount. Its really super annoying, because basicly the hole flight I am listening to it saying "pull up, pull up"

There's a section [GPWS] in the aircraft.cfg of the plane or helicopter. Find those in the \SimObjects folder and then in the aircraft's subfolder. It should look like this (with other values of course). This one is from the default 737-800.Make a backup first before changing anything.

[GPWS]max_warning_height   	=  1000sink_rate_fpm          	= -1500excessive_sink_rate_fpm	= -2000climbout_sink_rate_fpm 	= -100flap_and_gear_sink_rate_fpm= -100

If you alter the values there or even delete the whole chapter, you should not get any warnings like 'pull up!' since there won't be a Ground Proximity Warning System on that a/c then. A much less elegant solution would be to delete the actual 'pull up' sound in the sound folder, but this means that no plane will ever be able to use that sound, so I'd stick to the changed values or the deleted [GWPS] chapter on that one aircraft annoying you.

There's a section [GPWS] in the aircraft.cfg of the plane or helicopter. Find those in the \SimObjects folder and then in the aircraft's subfolder. It should look like this (with other values of course). This one is from the default 737-800.Make a backup first before changing anything.
[GPWS]max_warning_height   	=  1000sink_rate_fpm          	= -1500excessive_sink_rate_fpm	= -2000climbout_sink_rate_fpm 	= -100flap_and_gear_sink_rate_fpm= -100

If you alter the values there or even delete the whole chapter, you should not get any warnings like 'pull up!' since there won't be a Ground Proximity Warning System on that a/c then. A much less elegant solution would be to delete the actual 'pull up' sound in the sound folder, but this means that no plane will ever be able to use that sound, so I'd stick to the changed values or the deleted [GWPS] chapter on that one aircraft annoying you.

Thankyou very much I will try that as soon as I get home ! ya I dont mind them when im sinking at a ridiculis rate, but in some planes, I can be going down at 100 fpm and its saying to pull up the whole time.

Somebody pointed out in an earlier thread on this topic that you can assign a key in Settings-Controls to toggle GPWS on and off.

Art