Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

g3d.dll workaround/fix to prevent FSX crashes

Hi All,

I am running FSX on windows 7-64bit with computer specs i7-2600 3.40ghz 12GB with a an Invidia 2GB graphics card.

I have Aerosoft airbus and 6 Aerosoft airport sceneries and Active Sky Next. My CFG file has only been tweeked with

HIGHMEMFIX=1. 

I have been experiencing around 3 to 4 CTD'S during the flight. The issue is that there aren't any errors at all. I have checked app-crash and my event viewer but with no error results.

Any help would be very much appreciated thankyou  

Regards

Paul777

If there are no errors in the Event Viewer (under Administrative Events) or AppCrashView, then you did not have a CTD.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey guys,

I also have the problems with g3d.dll error. I installed FSUIPC but only the unregistered version. After one test flight i got a g3d.dll crash again. Do you think it´s recommended to buy the full version to avoid these crashes?

Greetings,

Chris

Hey guys,

I also have the problems with g3d.dll error. I installed FSUIPC but only the unregistered version. After one test flight i got a g3d.dll crash again. Do you think it´s recommended to buy the full version to avoid these crashes?

Greetings,

Chris

It should trap the error whether it is the registered or unregistered version.  If you are flying in the Pacific Northwest with Orbx/FTX scenery, suspect that as the fault.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

thanks for the quick reply, saved me 28€.

Well, I don´t use any Orbx/FTX sceneries. The crash happens while I´m approaching Hong Kong (Just Flight World Airports 4). I guess there must be something in the scenery that causes this error. I will try it without the scenery, maybe I can figure it out.

Greetings,

Chris

There is no known fix to this error other than fsuipc trapping the error.  I think there is a problem with a texture in one of the sceneries but an attempt to find a solution went to 41 pages and over 600 responses until Pete gave us the fix to trap the error (does not work for every g3d.dll error but most of them) -  http://www.avsim.com/topic/353179-g3ddllhelp/page-41

If you get them and you cannot stop them using fsuipc, then I recommend uninstalling any and all scenery you added just before you started getting the error.  It is obviously not the fault of FSX but the fault of an addon.

Submit News to AVSIM