What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Rise of flight sale on steam
- REX 5 days 50 people 50% off contest
- Thai Creations 50% off sale
- FlightsimTools.com 3 for 2 deal
- SimSkunkWorks planes 50% off until Aug. 16th
- Another FSX-SE Sale on Steam
- ImagineSim airports 20% off at their website
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- X-Plane VMAX 777 Workdliner Extended 50% Off!
- GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant on Ebay(UK)
- For Sale:GOFLIGHT GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant
- MSI GTX 980 4GB OC Editon. $400
- (2) EVGA GTX970 SC For Sale. Never overclocked, ready to go
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- UK Only - Saitek Cessna Yoke and addtional Throttle Quadrant
- MEGASCENERYEARTH V2 Baltimore/Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia DVD
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II OC
- TrackIR 5 with Black TrackClip
. . .
FSUIPC issue with saitek throttle
7 replies to this topic
Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:30 AM
have read through the FSUIPC tutorial and I am trying to set my two throttle quadrants. when I do the joystick calibration I pull my throttle back to detent but the number is like -16300 and reverse thrust is like -1638 and full throttle is a positive number but when I go into the VC the reverse thrust does not engage and also when I push forward engines 1, 2 and 3 they move forward but when I push 4 it moves backwards. Can you help me with this issue. I am trying to set up profiles for FSX. Thank you.
Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:08 PM
If you are using FSUIPC and Saitek throttles, then what you have below the axis is a button. That is used as a reverser. The axis is used completely normally as a full throttle.This can be configured in FSUIPC as a reverser - or better yet, "Throttle 1 Decr", set that to repeat and set when released "Throttle 1 Cut".
Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:45 PM
But why is one throttle going back when I push it forward and the rest push forward and move forward. one throttle moves from idle to full without anything in the middle. Any ideas what could be the issue? is the Idle suppose to be 0 even though its only half way down instead of at the bottom that says 0. FSUIPC joystick calibration is what I did. Do I need to set a button instead of axis for the reverser?
Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:59 PM
Before doing stuff in FSUIPC, did you read the manual as how to operate FSUIPC? It's very hard for us to help users if you even don't know what you are doing?Axis is usually only used as a throttle. Not as a reverser. You can use it as half half if you want.
Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:07 PM
I read the manual about setting seperate throttles but it was mainly CH products. It doesn't mention anything or maybe I didn't see it about checking the "rev" box under each throttle. But I am pretty sure I need that checked.Right now I have just used FS controls because that is the only way I can get them to respond correctly but I would like to get FSUIPC working correctly if all possible.
Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:18 PM
Man, I really don't know what you are doing wrong, but FSUIPC works perfectly with my Saiteks.As long as you remember two things:Above the detent is an axis, below the detent is a single button - both are on the same hardware axis!!! Axis as a throttle, without reverser, button as a reverser.Anything unclear about that?If your throttle is going back, you didn't set it up correctly. So post some screenshots of your setup in FSUIPC, including the About page in FSUIPC.
Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:09 AM
HiI had your problems and a very kind fellow simmer helped me get everything Saitek sorted out very quickly God bless him. If you live somewhere on the North America Continent I could help you on the phone I can talk on the phone all day to anywhere on the North America Continent. at no cost so we will have plenty of time. Just PM me and let me know...........John ( tinhead59)