Hardware gurus,

I am having some issues with my Saitek trim wheel. To preface, I run it through FSUIPC. The controller is disabled in FSX. Saitek drivers are installed, but I am not running the Saitek software. Basically, the trim wheel lights up and when the sim is loaded, I generally have to spin the heck out of it to get it to start behaving in the sim. It will continue to function for a few minutes but will then stop functioning again. Again I have to spin the heck out of the wheel, but if I do this when airborne, the trim will go so far out of whack when it reactivates that it will send me instantly skyward. I also had the same issue running the trim wheel through FSX and not FSUIPC. I also run my yoke, TPM, and pedals though FSUIPC with no issues and I run the switch panel and radio panel through SPAD with no issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Nick:

I don't have the cessna trim wheel, but, I do have the Saitek switchpanel with its trim wheel. I have had similar issues with that trim wheel (having to spin it alot to get any response). I assume you are aware you can control the sensitivity of the trim wheel within the SPAD interface. Controlling the trim wheel using SPAD has worked very well for me. By the way, I completely remove all Saitek drivers from my systems. I have never had good luck use the Saitek drivers.

Best of Luck

Danny

Danny

Thank you Danny,  I wish SPAD worked with the cessna trim wheel, but it does not support it like the multi-panel which you use.  I will however take a look at perhaps uninstalling the drivers all together and see if that does anything to help.  Thank you for your time.

Nick

Ended up having some conflicts still showing joystick and keypress assignments for the trim control in FSX even though I disabled the controllers.  I also had FSUIPC reload settings each time.  All is working great now.  Thanks again for your time.

Nick