Sign in to follow this  
cannylad

Windows Firewall fails to register application

I have been trying to install Rex4Direct without success for sometime now.

The installation starts and carries on until near the end when the icon appears on desktop, then I get an error message telling me that"Windows Firewall cannot register the application".I click OK then the installation rolls back.

I have installed a good firewall and disabled windows firewall, tried to install again with the same result.

I`m running Win764bit as administrator.

Any ideas as to a fix?

cannylad

I would suspect you have a setting set too high in your new firewall program that prohibits programs to interact with it.  I would go to the support forum of the commercial firewall program and see if you can find a fix.  For Windows 7 firewall you can simply add REX4Direct to the list of programs allowed access through the firewall.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim in regards to the ops issues he has posted his issues in the rexe forum wilth little luck to resolve his issues. I suggested to him  to post it in  here hoping  some one  can help.  He  has  tried your  suggestion since it  was one of the first ideas posted  in the rexe forum.   Which can be found here his post

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28985-rex-4-installation-failed/

In short the main issue is that he cant make any changes to his pc at all, its not  allowing changes  to his firewall settings etc,   he has tried changing  firewalls etc with no luck. 
The issue I believe is  his admin right is corrupted some how on his pc which is not allowing him to make  changes.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Pete,

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that I am giving up on this and cutting my losses.

I have been a member of the flightsim community since Microsofts first and have never come across an issue like this before. I have spent all my time since downloading Rex4 trying to resolve this and have not flown in this time.

Thanks for your time on this.

regards, cannylad

Pete,

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that I am giving up on this and cutting my losses.

I have been a member of the flightsim community since Microsofts first and have never come across an issue like this before. I have spent all my time since downloading Rex4 trying to resolve this and have not flown in this time.

Thanks for your time on this.

regards, cannylad

Hi don't give up yet, try this solution read the intructions

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/412561-reinstalling-win7-without-re-installing-fsx/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

That's an excellent idea reinstalling Windows SP1.  I didn't know you could reinstall the SP if it is already installed.  I just found a freeware Windows repair utility that fixes the system registry and the firewall.  It was developed by a bunch of techies over at http://www.tweaking.com/.  I was having some issues with my installation recently and this repair program has so far fixed my problems.  It's not one of those registry cleaners but a program that repairs Windows.  I believe it was written by a bunch of Microsoft techies.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

To Pete and Jim,

I have printed out instructions fom the websites you mentioned and downloaded some of the programs on them.

Over this weekend, I shall go through the details of the programs snd hopefully come up with a result.

Thanks to you two I feel a surge of "getup and go" I now have a better feeling of hope.

Thank you Pete for your email which started me on this road. I don`t know how things will work out but I live in hope and will raise a glass of Highland nectar to you.

Yours, Joe Mills (aka cannylad)

To Pete and Jim,

I have printed out instructions fom the websites you mentioned and downloaded some of the programs on them.

Over this weekend, I shall go through the details of the programs snd hopefully come up with a result.

Thanks to you two I feel a surge of "getup and go" I now have a better feeling of hope.

Thank you Pete for your email which started me on this road. I don`t know how things will work out but I live in hope and will raise a glass of Highland nectar to you.

Yours, Joe Mills (aka cannylad)

No problem that's why this forum is used for, other than nit picking :P

Peter kelberg

I now have Administrative Tools from Seven Forum and had a little fun with Tweaking.com and a program called Windows Repair which took a little getting used to. All this took all of Sunday afternoon, shutdown for the night.

Today I tried installing Rex4 and "Hey Presto" it it worked. I now have to screw up courage to see how it works.

Meantime thanks to you Pete and Jim Young for your help, I was on the verge of giving up.

Regards to you both, cannylad.

I now have Administrative Tools from Seven Forum and had a little fun with Tweaking.com and a program called Windows Repair which took a little getting used to. All this took all of Sunday afternoon, shutdown for the night.

Today I tried installing Rex4 and "Hey Presto" it it worked. I now have to screw up courage to see how it works.

Meantime thanks to you Pete and Jim Young for your help, I was on the verge of giving up.

Regards to you both, cannylad.

Glad you got it sorted all I did was mostly pointed you in the general direction of a possible fix to your issue,  now hopefully you can enjoy rex4 now which is a vast improvement over  the previous version of  rexe

Peter kelberg