Sign in to follow this  
EgyptianAviator

TCAS Issue

Hello fellow aviators,

Needless to say, the TCAS is an exquisite piece of equipment and an indisposable one in congested airspace and due to the incompetence of our freindly neighborhood FSX ATC xD.

For 2 months now I've tried working the T7 TCAS, with no luck. I've tried every documentation that exists, videos, forums, etc... with no luck. I've tried fiddling with every TCAS-related switch, knob, and screen; not working yet.

What i'm facing is I have the TCAS rings on the ND and the transponder knob on TA/RA, or TA Only (based on where I am) but can't see any aircraft at any range. Take into consideration that the PFD shows 2 mirror images of red cues that based on my reading of the documeneation is RA (resolutionary advisory) related, but I have no idea why is it showing such without any aircraft on display.
P.S: the documentation doesn't mention how to treat the red cue as I've went through all of them.

One question. Do you have TFC enabled? You can enable it by pressing the TFC knob on the EFIS panel. If it is enabled with the EFIS knob you can see TCAS OFF in yellow/amber on the ND (when XPNDR is STBY), like here:CPF_140_TCAS_OFF.jpg

If the XPNDR is in mode TA you will see TA ONLY in blue. 

In mode TA/RA it's TFC in blue. 

Location of the TFC button on the EFIS control panel:

efis.jpg

Also know that PMDG TCAS traffic is preset to display only traffic at + and - 2800' of your altitude at a max range of 40 nm. 

You can alter the parameters through the CDU -> PMDG OPTIONS

That was already set, however a good old fresh install solved it. seems to have been some registration issue :D
Thanks mate ;)