Sign in to follow this  
Zigarten

Grayed out water decision

Just added Orbx Global Vector and NA landclass.

Somewhere in there I remember an option for water, which afterward made me wonder if I should have unchecked it.

Ran your set up and see it's grayed out, read the manual  :shok: and see it's another "non standard shader file".

Wold this be from Orbx? Should I leave ORbx or re-do Orbx and remove their water and then have yours "on".

Thanks for the input Steve,

Gord

I wasn't aware of Orbx having a replacement shader. Can you look in (your fsx dir) \shadersHLSL\terrain and tell me the date and size of water40.fx

10KB, I see the modified date is this last Nov 10 2014, so it can't be Orbx, I did that on Nov 26th 2015. Must be something else?  Below it is a file called water40.fx.ORIG.

how are your file manager skills - if you rename water40.fx to something else, create a copy of the ORIG file and rename it water40.fx that should fix the problem.