Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

Real life flight preparation Ops

Hi All,

I was looking for any videos or manuals on what the crew (Capt & FO) do from the time they enter the cockpit till take off.

I understand they cone in about an hour before the flight ?..... and what they do and the sequence in which they do the tasks..

Is there any material out there.. just trying to simulate what the real crew does..

Thanks

I would recommend getting a couple of FSCrew products (see their forums here at AVSIM).  There products replicate the tasks associated with any heavy aircraft Captain and Flight Officer.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I would recommend getting a couple of FSCrew products (see their forums here at AVSIM).  There products replicate the tasks associated with any heavy aircraft Captain and Flight Officer.

Best regards,

Thanks Jim.

I already have Multi Crew Environment, just looking to read up so I can replicate with MCE.

I depends if it's a through flight or an originator.  Usually your at the gate an hour prior.  If the plane hadn't flown that day, there is a 15 minute preflight checklist I have to do with various system tests.  Most importantly turning on Galley power and possibly the APU if you want coffee.

If the plane has just come in, I will go and run through the thru flight items.  Such as takeoff config test, fuel pump test , then turn on pitot/window heat.  Next I load the ACARS and pull the current ATIS.  Depending on cabin temp/outside temp and if I want coffee, I'll start the APU.  Then I will go take a lap around the outside of the aircraft.  Depending on how early I arrive, I might delay the APU start until I complete the walkaround.

Most PDC's or clearances received through the ACARS won't be available until 20-30 minutes before departure.  Once it comes through, then you complete the route check verifying the system was loaded correctly.

At the 10 minute mark or if they have loaded you earlier, you complete the Before starting Engines checklist.  Part of which is only completed after the cabin door has been closed.

After reading the original question I will add this:  The CA assumes all of my checks I'm responsible for will be completed.  The Route check is a crew function as well as the Before Staring Engines checklist.

• Upvote 1

I depends if it's a through flight or an originator.  Usually your at the gate an hour prior.  If the plane hadn't flown that day, there is a 15 minute preflight checklist I have to do with various system tests.  Most importantly turning on Galley power and possibly the APU if you want coffee.

If the plane has just come in, I will go and run through the thru flight items.  Such as takeoff config test, fuel pump test , then turn on pitot/window heat.  Next I load the ACARS and pull the current ATIS.  Depending on cabin temp/outside temp and if I want coffee, I'll start the APU.  Then I will go take a lap around the outside of the aircraft.  Depending on how early I arrive, I might delay the APU start until I complete the walkaround.

Most PDC's or clearances received through the ACARS won't be available until 20-30 minutes before departure.  Once it comes through, then you complete the route check verifying the system was loaded correctly.

At the 10 minute mark or if they have loaded you earlier, you complete the Before starting Engines checklist.  Part of which is only completed after the cabin door has been closed.

After reading the original question I will add this:  The CA assumes all of my checks I'm responsible for will be completed.  The Route check is a crew function as well as the Before Staring Engines checklist.

Thanks FormerSF3... very helpful.