Sign in to follow this  
Wanthuyr Filho

External Camera

Isn't it possible to check the version via a method other than the name of the main installation folder?! I think many people change it (it is advised not to install in the original folder anyway) and might have problems too. Maybe checking a specific file, or the folder in the USER-DOCUMENTS folder, which in turn won't be renamed whatsoever.

Or Windows registry might be a good idea too.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Nothing I am aware of through SimConnect and PDK interfaces and most sim files give no indication. P3D installations usually include a version number in the folder name which helps differentiate them when LM release new versions.

Stephen

I believe LM only differentiate using folder name.

Look below, the Windows Registry entry related to P3D v3, I think this would be the best place to check the version, because it won't be changed in any way, whatever the user might do with his/her installation.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Thanks but the software does not reference the registry at all at the moment. It might be something we will look into checking but there has been no need up to now.

Stephen

Also bare in mind many users have both v2 and v3 installed. The software needs to know what version is currently running and that can only be achieved through the configuration. I may be able to add a preferred version number or radio button for the user to specify what mode is needed.

That would be a nice workaround, the radio button for the user to specify which specific version he wishes to run and thus OpusFSI to reference to... :-)

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

I will look at implementing something along those lines but I'm away for a couple of weeks on a flying trip down to S of France so it will be a few weeks before I can look into it.

Stephen :-)