Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Frames - Limited or Unlimited?

I have looked around the forums and with P3D it seems there is not a consensus for running with frames limited or unlimited. I have a 60hz TV that cannot be reduced to 30hz. I currently have internal frames locked at 30 with vsync off. I have only added TextureMaxLoad=30 and changed TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=160 (from the default of 30). I have an i7 6700k and a 980Ti 6gb card. From what I am gathering, I only need vsnyc if I am running unlimited frames? I am also under the impression that the TextureMaxLoad=30 entry only works when frames are limited. As well I understand it that with my TV at 60hz, unless I can get frames consistently above 60 then it's not worth running unlimited and better to stay with limited. I run PMDG planes only with 3rd party airport scenery and all the global orbx products (though in Vector I have disabled secondary roads and railroads) which means I won't be getting consistent over 60 frames. So having said that am I best to stay with running a limited at 30 setup with the TextureMaxLoad=30?

Eric 

Unlimited works much better for me in P3Dv3. But I can set resolution 30Hz on my NEC. 

You can also try to set unlimited, VSYNC ON / Tripple Buffering off in GUI, but in NI set limiter (external) to 30 FPS. I think it should work and you'll see how much smoother it will be than limiting FPS in P3D. The principle is totally different from FSX as it tunrs out.

Cheers,

Unlimited works much better for me in P3Dv3. But I can set resolution 30Hz on my NEC. 

You can also try to set unlimited, VSYNC ON / Tripple Buffering off in GUI, but in NI set limiter (external) to 30 FPS. I think it should work and you'll see how much smoother it will be than limiting FPS in P3D. The principle is totally different from FSX as it tunrs out.

Cheers,

That's very interesting way of doing it, unlimited inside and limited at 30 via NI. Will give that a go to see how she runs.... thank you! 

Eric 

On my system smoothness is achieved with Vsync Adaptive (half refresh rate) and Triple Buffer ON in nVidia control panel. In Sim settings I have Unlimited FPS, VSync ON and Triple Buffer ON. (using 60Hz HDTV)

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro