Sign in to follow this  
northridge

Starting RC4 with a Hotkey?

Even tho my rig is pretty good (AMD 64 x2 2.6 / nVidia 7900GTX / 2Gb DDR2) it often has difficulty coming out of windowed mode back to normal.As I understand it I have to Alt-Enter in order to reach the taskbar to start RC4 - and as often as not it will hang there and I will have to end the flight and start over.Seeing as I only ever need to Alt-Enter once, just to start RC4, I was wondering if I could start it from my normal windowed mode using a Hotkey or some other trickery.I have no idea how to create or attribute Hotkeys.

i can't think of a way. but couldn't you start rc, start fs (in windowed mode), load the .pln into rc, set the options, and click start. at that point rc is talking to fs.then put fs into full screen mode?jd

The problem is not with the setting up of RC or the order in which I do things. Unfortunately the difficulty is getting back into fullscreen from windowed mode. Ther

Guest Mower

I find that ALT TAB does not work well with Vista 64 and tends to corrupt FSX to the extent that it must be task manager shut down.

Sounds about right. Don't forget when FSUIPC starts RC, it only executes the software, you still need to tell RC what flightplan your using, alternate airports, altitude restrictions, etc. Once you've selected all your options, you must click the "START" button to tell RC that it can start ATCing, then ALT/TAB back to FS.Regards,.............Adrian W.P.S. If you have access to a second PC, then using RC via WideFS is an option, this way you don't need to come out of FS to access RC, plus you can pipe the sound straight into headphones, much more realistic !!

The reason I was fixing it on my main pc is that I have been forced to use a non-English OS laptop, but it looks like I can roll bacl from Vista in foreign to XP in English soon, then I will have everything networked.Thanks for the help.