Sign in to follow this  
Guest alex_m

I'm really enjoying your product!

Guest j-mo

Hello!Just wanted to say "thank you" for a wonderful product.I purchased RC 4.3 quite some time ago, but due to waning interest is FS in general, never got around to installing it. Well, my interest returned a few months ago, and finally, about 2-3 weeks ago, I installed and began using RC. As others have said for a long time, what a difference! I won't fly without it now.The only issue I have is understanding the approach controller's fix when I am given a crossing restriction. In's not that I haven't heard, it's a clarity thing. Nevertheless, I much prefer RC to anything I have ever experienced with FS. Great job!Regards,

I'm not sure by clarity if you are referring to the audio quality or comprehending the meaning of the phrasing.For the phrasing generally you need to get down to the commanded altitude by 40 nm from the destination. If the commanded altitude is in feet, then use local pressure. If in flight level (FL) then use the standard pressure of 29.92 in or 1013 mb. If you have an FMC navigational display that allows it, put a 40 nm range ring around your destination to roughly indicate where you'll have to be at the restriction.For the audio quality assign your repeat key in the RC key assignments if the default assignment does not suit your environment. Start down before acking, ask for a repeat, and then ack the command.

In addition you can get a text window that appears by checking the Display Text in the General Options tab of RC. The window will appear after each ATC command displaying a text version of ATC's commands. It is transparent green and can be dragged and sized to suite. I think you have to handle the comms and pilot auto-reply must be off.Be sure to have the latest release of FSUIPC.dll as noted in the topics at the head of this forum. Do NOT have advdisp.dll in your modules folder as this has been obsoleted by the newer FSUIPCs. This newer version text window now built into FSUIPC will display text for applications that wish to write to this window in FS.RC version 4.3.0.3843 is the build I have and tested with FS 9.1.

Guest j-mo

>I'm not sure by clarity if you are referring to the audio>quality or comprehending the meaning of the phrasing.It's the quality- Seems like the volume dips a bit. Could be my ears, though everything else seems fine, at least to me. I'm currently flying the PMDG 747. I have turned down the wind volume signofocantly. but need some for immersion. Like I say, not a major beef, just saying how it is for me.Comprehension is fine, thanks.>For the phrasing generally you need to get down to the>commanded altitude by 40 nm from the destination. If the>commanded altitude is in feet, then use local pressure. If in>flight level (FL) then use the standard pressure of 29.92 in>or 1013 mb. If you have an FMC navigational display that>allows it, put a 40 nm range ring around your destination to>roughly indicate where you'll have to be at the restriction.Thanks. I've understood this all along, but nice support since you have no way of knowing!I've learned by now it's coming (unless it's "within 30 miles"); I program the WP in the FMC, but I can get a late start if I have to have the instruction repeated a few times.>For the audio quality assign your repeat key in the RC key>assignments if the default assignment does not suit your>environment. Start down before acking, ask for a repeat, and>then ack the command.Yeah, I seem to have a little bit a hard time remembering the repeat key when I get busy in the pit, but that, of course, is my issue.=====================================================================Again, I'm not complaining, just stating my experience. But I do appreciate the reply.Thanks again for the product. Major improvement in my sim experience!

Guest j-mo

>In addition you can get a text window that appears by>checking the Display Text in the General Options tab of RC.>The window will appear after each ATC command displaying a>text version of ATC's commands. It is transparent green and>can be dragged and sized to suite. I think you have to handle>the comms and pilot auto-reply must be off.Thanks.I tried it both ways before posting, though I didn't disclose that. But thanks for being thorough. On the whole, I still prefer auto-reply.>Be sure to have the latest release of FSUIPC.dll as noted in>the topics at the head of this forum. Do NOT have advdisp.dll>in your modules folder as this has been obsoleted by the newer>FSUIPCs. This newer version text window now built into FSUIPC>will display text for applications that wish to write to this>window in FS.>>RC version 4.3.0.3843 is the build I have and tested with FS>9.1.It's been a couple of weeks since I checked, so I'm still using FSUIPC 4.3.0.0. Advdisp.dll not in my modules folder.Thanks again for your reply. We're good here.I've lurked here for a while, so I've known going in what to expect, both in terms of using RC, and the great support! Thanks yet again.

Hi Alex,I too found that it was sometimes difficult to hear RC with all the aircraft sounds as well. If you have access to a second PC (doesn't need to be a powerful one), you can do like I have and put RC onto the second PC via WideFS, then put the sound directly into headphones, much more realistic and no interference from FS sounds.Regards,........Adrian W.

Guest j-mo

Hello, Adrian-Thanks for your reply. I know some do this. Unfortunately, it's not practical for me, but I appreciate your suggestion. As I've mentioned, this is a blip for me, and not keeping me from enjoying RC.Regards,

Try using your main Windows audio mixer to adjust the RC audio level to your desired volume. Then go into the FS sound mixer and adjust those sliders down to your liking. While you are there insure the FS ATC sound slider is fully down.RC uses the Windows wave mixer and FS has its own below that which does not affect RC ATC.

Guest j-mo

Hi, Ron-I know you are trying to help me optimize this, leaving no stone unturned and all, but I think I've got it about as good as I can for me.I have previously set my windows volume at 100%, and adjusted my FSX volume in the sim, then PMDG 747 after that.I have kept FS ATC volume up, though, because if I'm flying a passenger flight, I prefer to taxi to a gate upon arrival, and RC doesn't seem to offer this, at least version 4.3. So after contacting ground (and receiving my critique) I contact FS Ground for a gate assignment.This results in a trade-off that I'm still working on. When I start a flight, and I go to get weather briefing, I hear ATIS from both RC and FS. I know if I set FS ATC volume at zero this won't happen, but as I say, I want them later for a gate assignment. I know I could adjust FS ATC volume for where I am, but freely choose to live with this if I have to. I'm sure someone will suggest this, so I'll mention that I have not marked the checkbox to start FS with ATC window open, and indeed that window is not open when I start my session. Perhaps this is covered in the manual and I've missed it.Again, this is just a niggle. But is there a way to prevent double ATIS other than killing FS ATC volume?