Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest alex_m

Chatter Volume

Guest j-mo

I'll start by saying how much I enjoy RC. I can't believe I went as long as I did without getting it. It has really elevated my 'sim career!'My question has to do with the volume of pre-recorded chatter. I did a search and see that this has been asked a few times before, usually because of a conflict with another program. I find the chatter volume to be too loud compared to pilot and co-pilot voices, such that when I set the pilot/co-pilot levels to my satisfation, chatter is too loud, and when I set overall volume for chatter OK, then I struggle to hear pilot/co-pilot voices.Yes, I've fiddled with computer and FS volumes, but because these are all inside RC, this obviously won't make much of a difference.I know I could be ambitious and go into each file separately, but I'm not that desperate. But I am wondering if there will be any options to control this in the next generation of RC?Again, thanks for a wonderful program!

we have very little control over the old pre-recorded chatter. is it loud at other airports, or other countries, or just in one particular area.ray is in a better position to answer this, but i thought all the wavs were adjusted to be the same level. i may be wrong.if i am, we will try to get it saved at the same level as our new wavsjd

Guest j-mo

My experience is that this is generic- all of the pre-recorded chatter seems noticeably louder than the pilot/co-pilot/ai chatter no matter where I fly, which includes N. America, S. America, Australia, Europe and Asia (didn't realize till I was typing this that I had flown all those places in the last six weeks or so).I have done all this in the PMDG 747-400X, and I have turned down those sounds considerably (I did this when still using FSX ATC as well).Again, I'm tickled with the program. No way will I ever go back to FS ATC. I do have some background with sound, and I just imagine how challenging it is to assemble RC. Also, I'm not really looking for a fix for 4.3, just asking if there might be either adjustments or additional control in the next version.Regards,

<>I believe we only optimised our own recordings and not the pre-recorded stuff. That can certainly be looked at in v5.

Guest j-mo

Thanks for your reply, and fair enough if it's examined for V5.Regards,