Sign in to follow this  
TheLurk

Holding Option

hey folks :)i came across a little problem here for me basicly i want to fly with the holding options set to weather so there could or could not be a holding i guess you know what i mean BUT my problem is whenever i switch that option to weather it automaticly turns back to OFF during the flighti turn it on when launching RC with fs already running and it stays on weather for a while but when i check it after a while it set itself back to OFF or ON and i dont wanna fly holdings all the time :(so my question is simple is there a way to permanently turn it to weather? or is there a fix so it wont jump back to OFF or ON? any help would be greatly appreciatedthanks in advance Tobi

if you want holding on, or just for bad weather, the last checkpoint has to be within 5 miles of the arrival airport.also, the determination of whether you're going to get held, is made early in the flight. especially if the last checkpoint isn't a vor, and it's not within 5 miles, the option will be set to offif you're going to get held, the rc window probably shows on, because you're going to get held.mske a .log, let's see what's happeningjd

hm yeah ok i guess i sorted itthe last checkpoint or the last checkpoints i have are within a 5 mile range to the airport (KDEN in that case) but none of them is a VOR i just added one into the plan and see it worked like it should! thanks for your help JD awesome program by the way tobi