Sign in to follow this  
Jerel

RCV43 Install on WideClient PC

I am installing RCV43 on a wideclient PC. I have FSX and FS9 installed in the default locations on the FS computer. When I run the install on the wide client PC I get an error message "Registry Key for FS X not found, please browse to your FS X directory, and press OK." I shared the Program Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator X and User/Application Data/FSX folders. I browsed out to the root of Flight Simulator X and later on in the install it prompts me again with the same error message. Any ideas?Kind regards,Jerel

the install program needs to write to the fsx directory, and the fs9 directory several times.i ask for the path each time, you will need to specify it each time. sorryyou need to share the path to the actual fs path, where the .exe actually lives. not userapplicationdata... pathjd

Thanks for the reply. Another quick question. I registered FSUIPC4 and WideFS7. At the end of the RCV43 installation it was trying to install an earlier version of FSUIPC. It asked me to browse to my FSX directory. I did an selected the FSX.exe but indicated something was wrong with my Simconnect. This is a new FSX and FSX Acceleration install.Kind regards,Jerel

i wouldn't over write newer versions of widefs or fsuipc. so the installation is probably okjd