Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest strychninekiss

QNH?

Guest strychninekiss

Hi JD and Co!I am flying from EDDF to EDDM.When told to decend to 11000 I do as told.But controll says I am busting my alt?!I know that europe has a different setting.So I use the Preassure selection knob below the analog alt indicator to set it to QNH 999. But it does not help I still keep busting my alt!I am sure this has worked before. Whats wrong? =//RegardsWilliam

Hi William,There are several topics covering this situation elsewhere in this forum. Search using QNH and you will find all relevant information.One clue, in Germany there's no such thing as 11000ft. It's FL110.Have you read the manual regarding Transition Altitudes, Flight Levels and QNH?

Guest strychninekiss

Hi Ray!Yes i am pretty sure I read it in the manual.I also used the "search" tool under "QNH" but no luck.I

really?pages 105, 106, and the tutorialswww.jdtllc.com/v4/rcv43.pdfjd

Hi William,It's best if you use the Advanced Search option to only look in this forum. "QNH" revealed several topics. Here's a discussion JD and I had with a user just a week ago. It covers the same situation as yours.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchJD set a series of questions in that discussion. Feel free to answer them. ;-)