Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rgr841

corrupt winwood file

I have decided to uninstall/reinstall rc4. On uninstalling i was left with the file rc4. Contained in the file was a folder "winwood" and a ms dos batch file, makerwys. I tried to delete the winwood folder and I got the message the file was corrupted or unreadable. I then tried to reinstall and the installtion stopped because of this file. Is there a way to delete this file as it won't let me at this point. Thanks.

are there any folders in the remaining winwood directory? if so delete them first.are there any files in any of those folders? if so, delete them firstjd

there is a windows media player "CTRLR" which I also cannot delete inside the winwood file. says the same thing, corrupt/cannot delete.

sounds like permissions issuessounds like your account doesn't have the necessary rights to do things in this directory.do you know how to change the rights on a directory and all the subfolers? change the directory to full control for your account.jd

vista or xp?have you rebooted, and tried to delete the files, and then the directory?jd