Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaforsha

RC4 with FSPax

Guest jaforsha

I just purchased FSPax for FS9 and am using that along with RC4. I'm also using it with Vista (if that makes a difference). I have a couple of questions. 1) I had to declare an emergency. FSPax requires the transponder to be set to 7700. I kept getting messages from RC4 to reset the transponder. It wasn't able to work properly if I didn't. I just kept in a loop telling me to reset the transponder.. would hear a couple of tones and it would repeat. No vectors for the final approach or anything. Even after landing, still kept saying to reset the transponder. Is there any way for it to recognized the emergency transponder code?And 2) If anyone uses both please let me know the setup for the copilot and GPWS. I kept getting double notices which were not always in-sync, especially during approach with the altitude callouts. I would like to just hear one callout. I was flying the PSS 757 which doesnt have the callouts. If I fly an airplane with copilot callouts by default I would probably end up with seperate copilot calls.. very confusing. I liked the 500, approaching mins.. 50, 40 etc callouts. I think that also came from FSPax.If anyone can help with these two issues I would appreciate it!Thanks,Art

did you declare an emergency in rc?i don't believe rc is providing altitude call outs on finaljd

For the copilot and GPWS conflict, I always just turn the sound down all the way to zero on the FSPAX GPWS. I also turn off a lot of the crew warnings that are duplicated with RC4 - transition altitude and such.

Guest jaforsha

JD,Yes, I declared an emergency in RC per the instructions in FSPax to declare the emergency first there then other add-ons like RC. The altitude callouts were not from RC. You are right about that. I turned down the GPWS and other items in FSPax to see if that fixes my issue with the multiple repeated callouts.Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the help.Art

i don't know about fspax. but if you change your transponder prior to declaring an emergency in rc, you are going to be told to change it back.jd

Guest jaforsha

Ok. I'm sure at some point I'll get another emergency. I'm pretty sure I changed it after declaring the emergency in RC. But I'll be more mindfull of it and let you know how it works.Thanks.

The two programs will never agree -- nor do I expect them to on this point. On FSPax you WILL be penalized if you don't tune to and stay on 7700 after declaring an emergency. Your best option is to disable the penalty in the moreoption.cfg file in the FSPassengers Config folder (if that's one of the configurable changes they allow, I can't remember right now) or choose which program you want to interact with during your emergency, and then just bite the bullet.Personally, I disable all of the "game" features in FSPassengers like hostile areas (been shot down over San Francisco yet??) and random failures most of the time unless I have a month or two where I want that kind of challenge. It's just too much aggravation and I don't find those features all that realistic anyway. But I NEVER fly without either of these two great programs!You can try posting your question over at the FSPassengers forum --maybe he'll make the change for the upcoming FSX release.