Sign in to follow this  
Guest Martin

Water reflection on horizon ?

I find that with Detail & Reflection set to the Water texture setting, the horizon ends up as an unrealistic line when visibility is set to say 10-20 miles. The graded visibility does not seem to work correctly when using this setting.Has anyone else noticed this?Is it a general problem and is there some way of correcting (e.g. use of graphic settings etc.). I like the water effects with Reflection on but this unrealistic horizon in lower visibility is annoying.My graphics card is a GForce2MX 400, latest NVidia drivers etc. Currently using 32 bit desktop setting due to color problems at 16 bit, but either way the above problem is the same.:-zhelp Stuart Hyett

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have the same problem, and I also find it annoying. When I take screenshots I try to keep that horizon out of the picture. I have a GeForce2 Pro card, running in 32 bit, both the sim and desktop.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

OMG! how did you get reflections & multi-texturing to work on the G4MX? Share the angry G4MX users your secret :)What processor do you use?RAM?Power Supply?Who manufactured your GeForce4 MX420?edit: hmmm...i thought he said GeForce4.Hunger can do weird things to you :

He said he has a GeForce2 MX400, not a GeForce4.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing