Sign in to follow this  
lefteris

737TNG - EASY-STEPS F.A.Q.

PMDG 737TNG Frequently Asked Questions--------------------------------------So, you ask, we answer. Sometimes, the answers come from you as well! For that, we THANK YOU!Read on, then, what are you waiting for?-------------DOWNLOADINGissues-------------Q) I have got the download email, but everytime I try to download, I can't.A) If you have ANY issues with downloading our aircraft files from our server, please use DOWNLOAD ACCELERATOR PLUS V5.3. We have verified that it allows you to resume aborted downloads. As such, you'll have no problems continuing in case something breaks in the middle of your download.If you STILL find that you get a dead link, email our support@precisionmanuals.com address. We'll reset your link - do this ONLY if you get REPEATED dead links please, as our support email can overflow in the initial release period, so you might find yourself waiting even longer. (The dead link might be due to you trying more than 25 times in a row to download the product - in which case, the server shut you out for Denial-of-Service attack prevention).Q) I am trying to proceed to checkout, but all I get is "Your shopping cart is empty or you have proceeded to checkout please close your browser and return to Precision Manuals to make addtional purchases."A) Kill ANY and ALL Internet Security protection schemes (Norton Internet Security, Zone Alarm, Popup killers, etc.) Once these are deactivated, you can proceed to checkout. Also, REMOVE all cookie protection from Internet Explorer that you may have - you need to ALLOW cookies so that you can download our product.--------------SECURITY/REGISTRATIONissues--------------Q) I downloaded the 737NG product fine, but now I am getting a TEMPORARY license dialog box!A) That's correct! For the first TEN (10) days after INITIAL installation of the product, you are granted a TEMPORARY use license. This is so that you have a GRACE period for using our product without having registered it. Please follow the registration procedures CAREFULLY to receive your permanent license key in your email box.Q) How do I REGISTER my product?A) Hit the PMDG Menu, select "Registration Details->Extend Registration..." - this will provide you with a REGISTRATION CODE. Email registration@precisionmanuals.com with your - Purchase Order # - Registration Code (from that dialog box)Expect to hear from us within 24 hours with an email answer that will contain your LICENSE KEY. Go back into the "Registration Details->Extend Registration..." dialog box, and paste the LICENSE KEY into the blank space. Your product should be permanently registered at that time!Q) I tried uninstalling my FS2002 / my 737NG and when I reinstalled it, I get an "INVALID LICENSE" dialog box and NOTHING WORKS! ARGH!A) You deleted the entire folder, didn't you? :-( You tried to be clean about things, but what happened is that, by deleting the entire folder contents, you deleted your registration details AS WELL. Email us at registration@precisionmanuals.comas above, providing the Purchase Order # and registration code, and we'll make sure you receive a new license key - PROVIDED THAT WE CAN ATTEST TO THE VALIDITY OF YOUR REQUEST.Q) I want to add MORE RAM to my machine, as I just realized I need it! Will I need a new license key?A) NO! You are JUST FINE with adding more RAM.Q) I am going to be updating my hardware / motherboard / BIOS / Operating System / reformatting my hard disk. Will I lose my license key?A) Yes, but not for too long! ;-) Before you go ahead with your upgrade, you need to take a couple steps to ensure you can receive a new one from us (Don't worry - our turnaround times are VERY quick!):- Before your upgrade: - Load MSFS and our 737TNG. - Click on PMDG -> Registration Details -> Produce Transfer Code.WRITE THAT CODE DOWN ON A SAFE PLACE! YOU WILL NEED IT AFTER THE UPGRADE.You will notice that your license is no longer valid! That's right, since you're upgrading/transfering your license, you need to get a new one from us, but this way, we'll be assured that you're no longer using the old one! ;-)- Install your new hardware components. (You can format your hard drive, or do whatever at this point - just be sure to store your Purchase Order # and Transfer code to a safe location for later retrieval).- After your upgrade: - Click PMDG -> Registration Details -> Extend Registration...- Email the Purchase Order #, the Transfer Code and your new Registration Code to registration@precisionmanuals.com and we will provide you with a new license asap. For speedier transaction time, please make the subject "TRANSFER / UPGRADE" so we can handle it as fast as possible.Failure to generate an UNREGISTER/TRANSFER code may cause PMDG to refuse issuance of a new license for this software. For that reason, please contact us before upgrading if you are not absolutely certain of these instructions! We will help you!--------------GDI+ install--------------PLEASE follow the instructions on Microsoft's web site about installing GDI+ on your NON-WindowsXP PC. The link can be found here:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release...releaseid=32738--------------FMC operations--------------Q) Where can I find my NAVAid data? (Answered by Tord Hoppe, THANKS Tord!)A) 1. Go to www.navdata.at and login (free registration is needed).2. Click "download AIRAC Cycles" on the menu to the left.3. For me the default choise is the 0304 cycle and 767PIC. If you see something else, then select these items.4. Click on the icon of a shared folder to download the file. Place the file whereever you like. I have a folder called AIRAC in the FS2002/FMCWP folder. If you don

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris & others!I'm laughing my a** off here!:DTeroedit: oops.. sorry for posting at a FAQ thread. Feel free to delete my comment if needed. It was just so funny...

PPL(A)

Suggest you add that the autothrottle can only be switched on if the GEN switches on the overhead have been turned on.

Bert

Guest Rizzibird

There is another download accelerator working. This is FlashGet, which can be obtained from the site http://www.amazesoft.comI find it even better as the one you recommend.Regards, Nejc

Guest ba747heavy

Might want to add that if you can't get the spoilers to retract, hit Shift - / and then Shift - / again (first arms the spoilers and retracts, the second unarms the spoilers)

Thanks for the good FAQ.Let me add one thing: When pressing the ATTEND button on the overhead panel I cant hear a attend chime. The wav that is played is the regular fasten seatbelts/ no smoking sings.ThanksJan

Guest Murf

:-xxrotflmao

Guest Rob

Hi PMDG Team,After purchasing the product a little earlier this evening .. I am wondering .. now we have the NG base pack .. are the -800/-900/BBJ's packs going to be free? It seems a little steep to pay forty bucks for each of the three phases when they are released. $120 for a bunch of 737's? YES they are of a very high quality .. but $120? You see my point. :)I have seen conflicting reports from various users and would like this cleared up.Thanks!

Guest Marc Harrington

Rob,we never mentioned any pricing for the 800/900, in fact, development for this add-on has not yet been launched.However, I can tell you that the add-on will not be the same price as the base pack, because after all- it's just an add-on! (a good one of course... ;-))

Guys,====================Fuel TanksImbalance--------------Q) Sometimes, when I have already loaded my 737NG aircraft, with the Engines Off, the fuel pump selector is always on the left side of the menu and it can

>Great work, even though some bugs should never have gotten through beta-test phase...OK - we're firing all our beta testers, after this comment, then...:-lol :-lol

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Rob

OK .. thanks Marc! Answers my Q. :)

Hi,no comment about the fuel management and maybe about this loader programm from you guys? Where can I get my hands on a fuel planner?Sorry for picking on that... And ah, I guess your beta tester got for free a complete copy of the B737-600/700TNG for free - they cannot get fired 'cause they already did the job, didnt they? More or less though... ;o)Well, besides some issues you will adress and fix very soon in a patch, the aircrafts are realy nice and I love it already - I mean the design, not the weard missuse of physics what matters the "reference datum position" which has to be the construction and aviational dynamic center of an aircraft, if I understand it right what I have learned by now.>>Great work, even though some bugs should never have gotten>through beta-test phase...>>OK - we're firing all our beta testers, after this comment,>then...>>:-lol :-lol

Guest ba747heavy

>>Great work, even though some bugs should never have gotten>through beta-test phase...>>OK - we're firing all our beta testers, after this comment,>then...>>:-lol :-lolAh jeeeeeeez, I guess I had better hit the road ;-) :-lol

hi!I also have your baby of course :-) and she is really great!But i found some of the "bugs that never should have gotten through beta-test phase..." (maybe you already found it)when panel lightning is on: the flaps lever on pedestal doesn