Sign in to follow this  

YEEEAAAA!Finally working ok!

Finally i got it to work good in 2D view,with good framerates.Found some useful hints on Avsim forum somewhere,and i know can appreciate fps above 20 in 2D view,insted of 11-12 fps before.The downdraft,cant use VC,cuz its obviously still stealing memory and fps.Second clue,disabling agp texture acceleration,gives a ton of fps in FS2002 and a good portion in FS2004.Only problem know,is an offset on the ND display.SO PLEEEAAASEE,anyone have a clue,spit out.Im desperat now !!!Keep'em flying!

Guest technobie

Please do!!!!!

Hello Vin!Of course,if u can help me with the Offset in the ND display.Loaded up my route,and its several miles offset from my position.Any clues!Ok.Back to the case.As stated before in here,my fps in 2D was around 11-12 fps.If adjusting sliders drastically down,i could achieve 15-20,but not steady.It jumpes up and down between 11 and 23 fps.Useless in other words.This was mainly in FS2004,but also in FS2002.But in FS2002,the average was higher,around 18 fps i would guess.But also jumping.Someplace in avsim forum there was a hint and tips topic on optimizing FS2004.Whereabout it stated the disabling AGP texture acceleration,either in DXdiag or in the FS9.cfg file,would give more fps in 2D mainly.So i tried it in FS2004,with som luck.Got higher Fps,but still not super.Tried it in FS2002,and it gave me superb results.Steady on 25 fps,which i have locked on.If i lock it on 30 fps,its almost steady there,but falls down now and then.So i figured,i lock it on 25.In FS2004,just by curiousity,i tried to use only 2D panel,remembering the problem from before the patch.And,ironic enough.It turns out the fps in 2D remains steady above 20.Never falls below 20.It turns out for me,when using VC,my FPS cant keep up.Starts dropping and jumping up and down.In 2D,working fine.Can,t remember where i found the hint and tips in the forum,but i guess a search will find the place.It was in Avsim,thats for sure.Dont know if this works for u guys,but for me it did.Try out,and report back.And by the way.Yes i have adjusted sliders in FS2004,cant run everything maxed out.But thats ok considering my hardware.But in FS2002 i know have pretty high settings,and some day i hope i can achieve this also in FS2004.It should run better according my tests.And once again,if ANYONE has a clue about my offset in the nav display,please speak out.It,s freaking my out!!!

Guest ba747heavy

Have you set the proper IRS position on the POS INIT page? If you don't, then you will be several miles off course. Unless you are talking about something different?

Tried that one. Upper left key brings up the correct pos.But after that patch there is no place too insert the numbers.Dont know if this is the problem,or if that has been removed in the patch.

hello again!Also noticed,that if i enter the ref airport,it shows a totally wrong irs pos.Can this be the problem?Got the latest airac installed.

Guest ba747heavy

>hello again!>>Also noticed,that if i enter the ref airport,it shows a>totally wrong irs pos.Can this be the problem?>Got the latest airac installed.Possibly. Does this happen with all airports, or just a specific one?

How would setting an incorrect IRS possition cause the plane to fly offset to the magenta line though? That would just cause a translation (map shift) in relation to what the true course over the ground should be, but it shouldn't affect the plane's abilty to track the magenta line. I emailed Anthony about this a few days ago and he said he's looking into it, I too have seen the problem - the plane shoots through the magenta line and then flys what looks like a strange combination of an offset and a direct to the waypoint down the line rather than properly intercepting and following the course line as drawn.Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Svein,How do you disable the AGP texture acceleration? Also, is there anything else one can do to increase frame rates without having to buy more hardware?SP

I figured that one out.Has to do with regional settings,just like the comma topic on the radios.Funny thing.Bad news,unfortunately regarding the fps.After testing for some while,i found that the fps starts jumping just like before.Must be something very odd with this PMDG or the combination with FS2004.Or a serious memory leak somewhere.After the tweaking as mentioned above,with a little adjusting on the sliders,i got 30 fps in 2d.Good or what?!?!Well the downside is that it's still going down to 18,and produces an unwanted lag.Damn this game,going crazy up here.Think i'll stick to FS2002 for a while.Until all this issues have been solved out.

Guest migh

Hi there,have look into the FAQ inMS Flight Simulator General Discussion Forum on AVSIM ;-)read you... Migh

As i figured it out,u can do this in the dxdiag program,or u can add two lines in the FS9.cfg.Here is an example from my config file:DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 500.0 -square brackets around this line.Mode=1024x768x16MipBias=3TextureAGP=0 -This line u add yourselfPanelAsTexture=0 -This line u add yourself.However,see my post above.Still some problems regarding fps.I got 30 fps with some tweaking,but it still starts to lag down to 18-19.

Hello:)Well actually,it seems i was wrong.(Or right?)Framerates are steady at 25 fps in both FS2002 and FS2004.Most sliders at max or nearby,except autogen which is off.FS2004:Simplified clouds =25 fps steady 3D clouds=20-25 fps,at 30nm and maximum coverageReason i got jumping jack fps was an hot CPU(AMD XP2000 at 71 degrees)Put a table fan next to my pc with the cabinet open,fixed it all.Dropped to 63 degrees.Conlusion:Yes,it did work for me.Very good framerates in both FS2002 and 2004.