Sign in to follow this  
N4865G

Some issues after SU1

For your kind consideration:1. FMC database offset - for some reason nav database seems to be offset from actual airport position. Anytime I plug in current position into FMC it shows to be some 60 miles away from its position in the database - thus display.2. Side front views - if at all possible - is there a way to manually correct the panel.cfg entries to elevate eye-view position to see better towards front quarters of the aircraft.3. Errenous behaviour of SPD mode - for some reason SPD mode at acceleration height does not accelerate the aircraft towards set airspeed. Might as well be me, yet I read the manual and did not find the clue to my problem,4. Last, but not least, the most confusing and annoying one - some waypoints are missing in the database. I have already reported that once in this very forum, but it did not seem to attract too much attention. I use real life flight plans and find that in every single case I would have at least one waypoint missing. That makes for FMC management so much harder.Please, do not read my notes as flaming. Loyal customers are those who report flaws of their product. Unloyal customers just go away and spread the bad word in the sim community. I hope we can sort these issues out.Looking forward to your comments.Dom

Dorm"Loyal customers are those who report flaws of their product. Unloyal customers just go away and spread the bad word in the sim community."Bad word or the truth,I guess that`s in the eye of the beholder is`nt it?I guess if degrading your fellow simmers who are`nt too happy with PMDG at the moment will get you your answers have at it.You won`t be getting any from me though.No offense.;)Ted

1. I believe this had something to do with the Windows delimter character being set to a comma and not a period - not sure where to change it though.2. I agree.3. I don't think SPD mode (as in pushing SPEED on the MCP and dialing in an airspeed) actually pays attention to acceleration height etc - I believe you have to have VNAV engaged (and thus the FMC controlling the autothrottle) in order for it to pay attention to that kind of thing.4. Ask Richard Stefan, he creates the navdata - www.navdata.atRyan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello Dom,I don't know if you are only interested in changing the viewpoint in the 2D console or not. If changing it in the VC is good enough for you to use, then here is my tip. While in VC,Shift-Enter to raise up the viewpoint (while trying to pilot at the age of 10 you're given a highchair)Shift-Backspace to lower the viewpoint (your grown up, now at the age of 21, and are now 6'8" and don't need the highchair anymore)Ctrl-Shift-Enter to slide your viewpoint to the right (you're drunk sir)Ctrl-Shift-Backspace to slide your viewpoint to the left (you're about to pass out!)Hehe. Just my attempt at a little humor. :) I hope that helps, that is if you don't mind using the VC.Regards,Jim Richards

>Dorm>>"Loyal customers are those who report flaws of their product.>Unloyal customers just go away and spread the bad word in the>sim community.">>Bad word or the truth,I guess that`s in the eye of the>beholder is`nt it?>I guess if degrading your fellow simmers who are`nt too happy>with PMDG at the moment will get you your answers have at it.>You won`t be getting any from me though.No offense.;)>>Ted >Ted,This was supposed to be a friendly post, for godness sake.The statement I made about loyal customers does not mean that I am just about to change my mind and start abusing PMDG publically.I have been with PMDG since the early years of Fly! development and always respected them for their dedication and professionalism.If you took my post too personally please accept my apologies.With due respectDom

Thanks Jim,Had a laugh!I guess option 4 (read slide your viewpoint to the right from default left-seat position) would dramatically improve your visibility from the cocpit (just don't forget the goggles).Seriously, I find VC to cause too much of a performance hit at the moment, so I would rather refrain from using it.Thanks for your input.Dom

>3. I don't think SPD mode (as in pushing SPEED on the MCP and>dialing in an airspeed) actually pays attention to>acceleration height etc - I believe you have to have VNAV>engaged (and thus the FMC controlling the autothrottle) in>order for it to pay attention to that kind of thing.Ryan,In fact it does - speed mode is supposed to maintain set airspeed by means of adjusting the autothrottle and/or angle of attack of the aircraft. It is (using Airbus terminology) selected mode, whilst VNAV being managed mode. Indeed, the acceleration height has nothing to do with it. JUst quoted it here for reference to my position at the time of a 'mishap'.BestDom