Sign in to follow this  
Mats_J

Do we need a simple fuel planner?

Hi guys,I am thinking about doing a simple fuel planner in VB for the NG. Taking the below parameters into account:- planned route distance (according to pre-filed flightplan or manually entered distance)- planned flight level - winds aloft- taxi times (DEP and ARR)- weight and balance- regulated CONT fuel loadsIs there something else I should take into account? Please don't hesitate to point it out.To be able to do this I would need some pretty detailed charts for flight levels, fuel burn, etc. Does anyone have something of the kind to share?Any help would be greatly appreciated.Please e-mail me.

Mats,that would be great if you could do a fuel planner. A thought which crossed my mind: Wouldn't it be better to split the fuel figures into trip fuel, taxi fuel, reserve, alternate fuel? Added to that a possibility to enter a route contigency time?Of course if it is simpler I don't mind. If you own Ready for Pushback, there is a great fuel planner there and it sure would be nice if we had something similar to that...As for the data you require, I'm sure PMDG can help you out with that?Best regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

To split it up like you suggested was my intended approach. Usually you get the fuel sheet divided in these sections:TAXITRIPCONTALTNFINAL RESEXTRAThis is how I want the output presented. We'll see how much input is needed. ;-)I'll ask PMDG for the figures.They should have some material right?BTW. Would you mind sending me some screenshots of the RfP fuel planner? Wold be appreciated!

Mats,You should get in touch with Mike Collier - he's a real world dispatcher for AWE and I'm sure he'd have some great suggestions for this program - I'll send him a link to this thread...Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hey Ryan,That would be great! My email address is in my profile, so anyone who has any ideas or suggestions are more than welcome to mail me from the http://forums.avsim.net/images/email.gif icon at the top right!Thanks,