Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmetzinger

New Quieter Sounds available

Guest tmetzinger

Fellow Captains,I've been annoyed by the discrepancy in volume of the "system" sounds like the engines, radios, etc, and the various PMDG-specific sounds like altitude callouts and GPWS warnings.I've uploaded 737tngquiet.zip this afternoon, which has all the sound files at adjusted volumes.Enjoy.

Yep those files are copyright :( I should ask PMDG first for approval...For the time being maybe redraw the files from the library :(Andr

André

Guest tmetzinger

>Yep those files are copyright :( I should ask PMDG first for>approval...>>For the time being maybe redraw the files from the library :(>>Andr

Well, I hope they let you upload them as the background cockpit system sounds are very loud.

Eric 

Guest Ian_Riddell

"....if there's any copyright on them I'd imagine Boeing owns it."Even more reason not to upload them, Tim. Boeing would have a lot more money for lawyers than PMDG does ;-)I hear Boeing go trolling for stuff on websites which might infringe the copyright on their name, but I don't know how picky they are about EGPWS sounds. Perhaps you've been lucky because Boeing don't actually make the EGPWS computer, it will probably be a company like Allied Signal, Rockwell Collins, or Honeywell(?).Cheers.Ian.

Guest 737pilot

Open the folder with the 737TNG sounds:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SoundPMDG737TNGSelect the .wav sound files of which you want to change the volumeCopy those files to a new folder (for back-up purposes)Now open Sound Recorder: Go to Start -> Program Files -> Accessories -> Entertainment -> Sound RecorderIn Sound Recorder, open each sound file from the 737TNG folder, of which you would like to change the volume.Select Effects -> Reduce The Volume (Repeat this step untill the particular sound has reached the desired volume level)For the best result, you may pay attention to reducing the sound volumes equally for the same group of sounds, e.g. for all altitude call-outs.Remember to save the file after reducing the volume to take effect.Enjoy.Nico