Sign in to follow this  
Guest Darren Howie

Fuel planner?

Guest Darren Howie

Hi GuysAnyone out there working on a fuel planner for the PMDG 73?

AffirmIn the planning stage so no coding done yet. I've got some tables and diagrams to helps me set up the planning algoritms.It's gonna be a simple first release, only taking into account the great circle distance between DEP, ARR and ALTN. Though with winds aloft corrections if you feed it into the planner. CONT fuel, FINAL RES, TAXI and CPT EXTRA.Regards,

Guest BrunoF

Percet! Thanks for the great effort Mats!Bruno Francescoli.

I tried my first 2hr+ flight last night and only had the original DF737 fuel planner available and found it gave reasonable results, although that was only one flight.I already had details of the flight entered (EGCC-LEPA) from when I did it in the DF737, I just changed the ZFW to that of the 737-700 and added a bit for safety. My idea was to do the flight and see how much I had left and try to work out a compensation factor between the fuel planner and actual fuel used. For that one flight there was no need to compensate, however more test flights need to be done to make sure.The fuel loading was with no wind correction and I did not pay particular attention to winds during the flight (real-time weather used) although I did see some medium head winds.I am not at my FS PC at the moment but from memory I think I loaded about an extra 5,000lbs fuel and ended up at LEPA with about 9,000lbs in the tanks.HTH until Matts completes his planner, look forward to it Matts. I really like the 767PIC planner being improved by Ilan Jones but the original DF planner is quite acceptable. Maybe changing the fuel burn figures in that will help your development Matts, if Flying Rhino (I think he is the author of the planner) is agreeable to that.RgdsDave Wild

Guest flyingrhino

I don't have a problem with someone using my DF737 planner and modifying it as necessary. I do have a scaler built into it to adjust fuel calculations for other aircraft. If it is consistantly off by a certain percentage one way or the other, all that is required is to change the scaler. At least the fuel calculation part should work then. All of the other goodies in that planner are DreamFleet specific though.I do not have the PMDG plane but have had several email requests to do a planner for it. If Matts is working on one, I would be happy to give him any help I can. I just don't have the time to do another planner from scratch. I am presently working on my commercial rating and that consumes much of my time.I can be contacted at rhino@sc.rr.com.David a.k.a FlyingRhinoKCHS

Thank you for that David, it is really nice to see you still around.I thought I had read either last year or 2001 that you were quite ill but could find no other information at the time, or maybe I misread the name.I think I use all your fuel planners and thank you for the work you put into them, makes simming more interesting.Best wishes with your commercial rating and with job hunting afterwards, if you need it.Best regardsDave