Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikey

ARE YOU UNABLE TO GET ON THE PMDG SERVER?

Guest Mikey

Out of curiosity, what IS the number of concurrent connections the server is allowing? I managed to get into the shopping cart page to buy the bird, but for the life of me I'm not able to get to the checkout page ;)Mike

Guest zanadu6365

"PMDG is monitoring the server closely to keep it's load optimized. Right now, obviously is the worst time- and we expect the extremely heavy demand to continue right through the weekend."Thats the reason I decided to TRY and wait till monday or tuseday... notice I said TRY!!!!!Kind of hard to when it is stairing you in the inbox!!!!!

hi, I think it would be better to wait until atleast tommorow to purchase the 737. A buddy of mine had his credit card charged 41 (yes 41 times) by his ISP when he tried to pay his bill online. For whatever reason the isp's server wasent responding too well and everytime he clicked the submit button to pay his bill, he thought the payment wasen't being made because he kept getting a page cannot be displayed messege. As a result he clicked the submit button many times and when he checked his email he had 41 messeges from his isp saying his bill was payed 41x$49.99 for his internet access, thats about $2,000 US. It took him many phone calls to his isp and the bank and he kept getting the run around. The isp saying it wasent their fault and the credit card company saying they can't do anything about it. He eventually got his money back but it took awhile.AndrewPS. I have no idea how pmdg runs it's purchases and if this can even happen with their server but just a heads up. Anyway I'm sure if something like this ever did happen PMDG woulden't act like the ISP and say it wasen't their problem. ;-)

Mike-It's constantly shifting.... Whenever we need to be on the server for something- we drop it to less than 20.... because we need the memory for the applications...When we aren't on it- it will range from 100-300 depending on load...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Mikey

Okie, now when I DO get through, I get a "file now found" on the proceed to checkout page.. is it down at the moment? :)Mike

Guest zanadu6365

Thats why usualy thay a=have in big bold letters CLICK THE SUBMIT BUTTON ONLY ONCE!That happined to me acouple of times... but instead of clicking I pushed the F5..... So be warned so your account wont be locked out...

Guest Mikey

I don't HAVE an account.. this is still back on the shopping cart itself.. not the download link, which at this rate, I may get to before Christmas ;) Update: Okie, I should have known better.. my card got charged, and the confirmation page never appeared, and no email confirmation either... how screwed am I? Mike

Guest ozhero

It would be SO nice to know if the 737 now available for purchase includes SU2.This has been asked lots of times but I don't see any answers yet.Thanks.

Paul, In a word, YES. There is only one product now, SU2, SU1-1 etc no longer exist as separete patches, if you purchase now, you will get one 67 meg file that is the most currect version that contains all updates up till now.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest ozhero

Hi Randy,Thanks very much for the reply.I'll try and buy it when the "stampede" settles down :-)

Guest rcarlson123

I have a VATSim group flight scheduled for tomorrow (Sunday) evening US time ... I hope I can get the update by then. :)Could someone from PMDG advise me as to whether or not I should wait until after my online flight event to install the new plane? In other words, are the procedures for operating the SU2 plane different enough that I should wait until I have some offline time to "re-learn" the plane, or is it close enough that I should have no problem switching to the new plane?Thanks for any input. PMDG rocks.

Guest rcarlson123

Excellent ... I can't wait. Knowing my luck, I will finally get the download started tomorrow afternoon and it will be dreadfully slow, and it will finish just as I'm about to take off. :)HTTP 403.9 errors be damned!! :)

Ross-One of the reasons why we are throttling down the number of concurrent users on the site is to keep the average download speed higher....So "in theory" it may take you some time to get a connection- but once you have your download started- you should zip right through it depending on your connection speed...Again- in THEORY.... ;-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest rcarlson123

Robert, being experienced in deploying high traffic web sites, I feel your pain, and think you're taking a good approach here. :)Not sure if you saw my post in another thread, but I would like to formally offer my web hosting resources to provide mirrors for the downloads. I own a web hosting company with several web servers colocated at a high speed data center in the US, and I could provide the same username and password authentication, and have it up and running in an hour or so. Please let me know if you get desparate and would like to add some mirrors.