Sign in to follow this  
ahaka

IFE switch

Hi!I was wondering if there really is any airline that has an inflight entertainment system onboard the 737? I've never seen it in 737, only in Airbuses or bigger Boeings.

I can't say for certain but I bet Aloha might have an IFE system. Probably very similar to the 757. If not thats a LONG ride with not much scenery :-lolI know there are systems for the BBJ variant RegardsPaul Gollnick :-coolTechnical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.com

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest tmetzinger

>I can't say for certain but I bet Aloha might have an IFE>system. Probably very similar to the 757. If not thats a>LONG ride with not much scenery :-lol>I know there are systems for the BBJ variant >Regards>Paul Gollnick :-cool>Technical Operations/Customer Operational Support>Precision Manuals Development Group>www.precisionmanuals.comAnd the IFE switch powers a bunch of other stuff too, including the airphones and pax power outlets, which lots of airlines provide.

Qantas Airways definatley do. I've racked up enough frequent flyer miles to know that one. I just flew down to Sydney last week and was able to get into the cockpit after landing. One Autopilot was out of service but seeing the "real thing" blew me away at just how accurate this PMDG model is.I'm not sure on Virgin Blue, however I'll be flying them this week and I'll let you know by Friday :)Cheers,Travis

Guest Ian_Riddell

"I was wondering if there really is any airline that has an inflight entertainment system onboard the 737?"Qantas, Air New Zealand, Air Pacific, Polynesian, etc.....Funny you should ask that... I don't think I've seen one without an IFE system... but I guess that's because I mostly work on international 737's (I think you'd find that your average passenger would would riot on a 3 or 4 hour flight without some kind of entertainment ;-) ).BTW, I just love those motorized LCD screens on the newer 737's which swing down from the overhead panels simultaneously (although the cleaning staff tend to complain when you hit them in the back of the head with them :-lol ).Cheers.Ian.

Thanks for the answers everyone!To be honest, I haven't flown too much with the new 737s, because most of the airlines here operate the A320 series on their short and medium-haul flights. Most of them have the similar overhead LCD system that folds up, but I've seen the motors get stuck sometimes so they don't always fold open in such a unison you were talking about. :)Passenger seem to require much higher standards these days. When I was a kid (which isn't too long ago) there were absolutely no entertainment on a 3 hour flight other than the inflight magazine, and for kids to visit the flight deck. (When it was still allowed)Ian, it's good to have your knowledge here! I was a frequent visitor in the PS1 forum a few years back. Cheers! :)