Sign in to follow this  
rjsagel

FMC Data Error???

Hello,I tried to enter a destination of KMIA into the FMC on a flight from KCHS -> KMIA. Upon entry of KMIA as a destination, I get the following error on the FMC: KMIA err: LUCSS unknown.Other destinations work OK - I.E. KFLL or KJAX. I'm a newbie to the Navdata area and would appreciate some help.Thanks,Ron Sagelrjsagel@comcast.net

I believe there is a "disconnect" between the 0308 SID/STAR data some of us loaded and the 0309 AIRAC data. My experience is with KBOS and KPHL ... KBOS with a 33R/15L and PHL with an 8/26 runway coming up #### errors. This results in no runway or SID/STAR data on the DEP/ARR page for the airports. I would guess that the same is happening for LUCSS.I went to the SID/STAR folder in the PMDG folder and edited the KBOS and KPHL files, removing the runways which caused the problem. I would guess you could go to the KMIA.txt file and do the same.In general, I would like to understand how to fix this issue. I understand the IMMENSE amount of effort producing both the navdata AND SID/STAR data and would like to understand the interaction between the two sets of data, produced by two different people. It would appear that choosing an airport results in checking runways between the navdata and sid/star data, and from Ron's issue above, it would further appear that some intersections are being checked in SIDS/STARS..Can someone straighten me out on this? Mixing sid/star 0308 and navdata 0309 looks like a mistake to me (stupid me)An otherwise nice flight on Saturday between BOS and PHL was ruined becuse of the hour or so it took to figure out how to make things work. I am NOT COMPLAINING, but simply observing that FS lately has become a debugging/problem solving fest rather than a fun, immersive diversion like in the old days.Thanks in advance for any help offered here. The 737NG package is really TOP-NOTCH in my little opinion, and I keep my fingers crossed for stability soon!!!!

Ron on the PMDG 737 Operators Information Center page theres a revised pack of sids/stars of 6th Sept for 0309. There is also a revision to the 0309 navdata available from Richard Stefan's site. http://www.navdata.at/With these 2 sets of data there wasn't a problem with KMIA on my machine.Simon

Thanks for the info and the help - It works fine NOW!I really had the right data but I believe that I failed to clear out the old data FIRST. I'm not sure that an "overwrite" really works. I erased all of the old data first and then installed the new data - worked great!Thanks again,Ron Sagel