Sign in to follow this  

Carenado V35

Hi all, I purchased the V35 from Carenado the day it came out. I have been very happy with it for the most part. I do have one problem. While trying to fly a straight course, the plane wants to constantly bank to the left. It is not overpowering but it is constant & a bit annoying. None of my other planes do this. I do not believe it is a issue with my CH yoke as it is perfect in all other planes I have.(lots) Any ideas? Thanks.Pat Callaghan

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

It's a realistic feature. If you turn on full realism, you'll experience the same thing with other prop-driven aircraft. It's due to the propeller's movement, torque, etc. that makes it drift to the left, especially on takeoffs. As mentioned earlier, the only way to stop this is to set rudder trim. A shortcut to doing this is turning off num lock and pressing CTRL+0 (on the numpad) to set it to the left and CTRL+Enter (on the numpad) to set it to the right.

Guest Joe

Hi Pat,I had contacted Carenado about the same thing. They said I was burning too much fuel out of one tank and that I should switch tanks during flight. So, what they were really saying...is that they are not going to fix it. Some say it's realism. I say that I've never had a plane be so out of balance because a half hour of fuel was burned out of one side.I thought of going into the cfg and moving the fuel tanks closer to the centerline of the plane but haven't done it yet.

I appretiate the help. I switch the tanks every 15 minutes. It is not a fuel balance load problem. I checked the fuel load right after takeoff. It may be a realisim issue but how come my other planes do not do this. I run at the same setting for all my flights & situations. If it was a trim issue how come all other planes do not exibhit this behaviour? I am still curious. Thanks.Pat

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Ya' know, and I have no time in a V35, it could be a byproduct of the V-Tail. Ya' think?Any V-Tailers out there care to chime in?bt

it's the way props work in the real world, plane and simple. Get used to it or fly unrealistic planes.

Thanks all for the help.Pat

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

The V35 does not have a "both" position for the fuel tanks. As you fly, fuel only gets used from the selected tank. Unless you remember to periodically switch the tank selector, the selected wing gets lighter and lighter as fuel is used and the heavier wing will drop.

In my plane (straight tail bonanza) I switch from the left tank after one hour-then run the right 2 hours-then switch back to the left.Although after burning for a while the you can tell by the plane "leaning" towards the full-I don't think what you describe would be because of this.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

The problem is this is happening right on take off. As soon as I leave the ground it take constant right aileron to keep the plane level. The tanks are evenly balanced at this point.Pat

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

For the record, I turned the P-Factor down & the problem went away. I was surprised that this was the cause as none of the other planes I have do this. Geoff's B33 does not do this. Thanks again for all your input.Pat

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

How'bout some more reviews on this plane. ;-)

I'm really happy with mine, flys a lot like Geoffa's Debonair and the gear do not break when you land on a turf/dirt field or taxi on grass either ;-)

Completely love mine. Always liked one since i saw one in the 60's.I just need to get into re-painting.............Ed