Sign in to follow this  

Getting Rid of Default Scenery from ovelrapping add-ons

Does anyone know how to get rid of FS2002's Default scenery from overlapping add-on scenery?? I just can't seem to get rid of the buildings, thanx for the help!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Francois !Perhaps I'm missing the point, but I thought that this was exactly what the "exclude" and "flatten" statements were meant to achieve ?Alastair

NO I mean, when i installed a new scenery, Honolulu scenery, the old Fs2002 default scenery and the add-on scenery are overlapping each other. There's a way to just make the add-on scenery appear and I don't know how. Its been posted before.......just a long time ago, and i don't know the name of the topic so......

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. You need to add an "exclude" function to your scenery.cfg file for that airport to make the default one go away.Take a look at the Read_me file that would have been in the zip file of your new download. These formulas are usually at the very bottom of the text.If there isn't one there, I looked at a couple of Honolulu files that I have, one didn't have anything but the other had this:Exclude=N21 19.93,W157 55.59,N21 19.65,W157 54.93,allYou might give it a try if all else fails.I don't know where else to look or how to do this on the fly.Good luckHeather

Heather is right. The scenery designer should have included within his text file the correct lines (flatten and/or Exclude) for entry into your scenery.cfg file. Notice that in the example she showed that the coordinates are the NW and SE corners of a four sided area to be excluded. The "all" will exclude everything, including the default RW's, taxiways, NDB's, VOR's, 3D objects within the area. This way, you won't get "double exposure" runways, etc. You should be able to e-mail the designer for the correct scenery.cfg lines. If you wish, I could suggest a way to do it yourself, but I don't want to confuse everyone at the moment. (Haven't had my morning coffee yet!)