Sign in to follow this  
ls25

question about this aircraft before purchase...

Hey all!I am thinking about purchasing this aircraft. Several friends have it & talk about it a bit. So, I was asking if their were any downpoints & I was told you can only use either the 2d cockpit, or the VC... but that you cannot use them together! Is this true?I think this is a make or break deal for me if that is the case! I don't want to only use one at a time...Thank you,

This is absolutely not true :-)You can select from the 2d only panel model, the 2d and Virtual Cockp[it model or the 2d, VC and Virtual Cabin model. RegardsPaul GollnickTechnical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.com

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

I would like to add to Paul's reply, you can choose to run only the 2d version (which when panning to the side veiws etc, you will see the 2D side views rendered in 2d artwork) which saves on preformance for some. If you choose to load the Virtual cockpit (again multiple choices with Cabin etc)plane, you have the 2d main cockpit and when panning to the side views, you will see the side views rendered in the virtual cockpit scheme. You can also choose to just use the virtual cockpit like most other add-ons with this version. So what it really gives is is more options than the typical add-on, a very nice thing to be able to choose from ;)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/196432/winglets_lg.jpg

Guest jase439

The resolution of the 2D side views, IMO, are incredible. I get better performance as well. I prefer them (aesthetically) over the virtual cockpit view. Although, judging from the SU2 previews - my opinion on this is likely to change :) Maybe its just the screenies, but the resolution of the VC looks greatly improved in SU2.Jason Barlow

Guest slapshot

The PMDG737 is the best addon since the DF737 2 years ago! It's up there with the 767PIC panel and better then the DF737.I find it very friendly on the FPS. I get around 20.PJXP1800+768MB PC3200 DDRGF4Ti4200 128 DDR

Guest Panman

I'm sorry but after using the DF737 for 2 weeks I put it down and never looked at it again. I don't even know how you can put it in the same class as the PIC 767 or the PMDG 737.The PMDG 737 is a an excellent aircraft and a pleasure to fly, those silky smooth gauges have me hooked, manual ILS is such a pleasure now.My favorites in order (immersion factor):1) PSSA320 (I don't know why, just love this bird)2) PMDG737 (A very, very close 2nd)3) PIC767 (distant 3rd at that - though I do enjoy it).Aaron-oOo-