Sign in to follow this  
makraan

Flight Director possibilities

Although satisfying customers is "a hell of job" (believe me, I've been there!) let me tell you that the girl is fantastic; loving every minute of here.Now back to the question. The machine is full of computed possibilites but I feel the need to drive here myself WITH the help of the automated flight functions but without enabling them.Therefor my question what the possibilies are of the "magenta cross" (FD)in the PFD. Have been told that these are "command bars" but the way I see it now, both bars are always perfectly in the middle. Is there someone who can explain the functions of the FD in regard of controlling the plane yourself?Thanks and all the best with SU2!Michel

Hi Michel,As said in an earlier post the F/D bars are esentially the AFDS commands visualized for your convenience. Swith your F/D button to ON. And you can engage or arm any mode (LNAV, V/S, LVL CHG, et cetera, et cetera) on the MCP to get the F/D bars to show you what the AFDS would like (you) to do. To let the craft actuate the commands, you simply engage one of the A/Ps A or B to the right on the MCP.Hope it helps,

Guest Shaun48113

Hi Michel,Also of note, the flight director bars are "fly to" indications. So, if the pitch bar moves up, you pitch up towards it to recenter it. Same for roll. When both bars are centered, you are doing exactly what the autopilot would be doing in the selected modes.-Shaun

Mats, Shaun and Ian,Many thanks for your prompt reply. Sometimes things are very easy. Just completed another testflight with the lady. Smooth as ever and let the bars lead me for a while. Final approach completely flown by hand. Isn't she lovely...Regards,Michel