Sign in to follow this  
Guest Goose

Cabin Views

Guest Goose

Hi AllI am new to flightsim and have no idea how I can get the PMDG737 interior views to show. Is there a program I need to purchase to be able to view these interior shots?Thanks GooseHe is safe from danger, whom is on guard even when safe.

If you're using FS2004, then yes. The program is called Active Camera and can be found from www.anticyclone.be . The price is 13 Euros or 15 US Dollars.You can download a trial version first which works only at the Seattle area and then decide whether you want to buy it or not. I think it's well worth buying though. Adds a lot of neat things to the sim. :)

Guest Goose

Thanks for the info. I will download the trial version.:)

wait, I dont know for sure but I cant imagine that this is true. Are you saying that your REQUIRED to utilize Active Camera to get to the interior cabin views??I have not loaded up a the cabin option yet but I would think that one could simply view these by moving you eye point via the keyboard. Is this NOT true??

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

No you cannot do this in FS9 without purchasing Active Camera. You can do this in FS 2002 though because there is the freeware version availible. I am sure there is not one aircraft for FS9 that gives you free roaming cabin views without Active Camera? If it was simple, those Anticyclone guys would have a tough time selling their product, this aircraft was released first for FS2002 and there are cabin views, it's not really PMDG's fault Anticyclone choose to go payware for FS9........................[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

now this is interesting...cant one simply utilize the ctl shf - = keys to move ones eyepoint around the virtural airplane. I know of the Active Camera setup as I used it quite a lot in FS2k2. The only thing I was aware of was that one could travel and adjust viewpoints around the OUTSIDE of the aircraft which is not possible without it. As far as moving around the INSIDE, it provided the flexibilty of using only the arrows keys (nice) and the mouse wheel to zoom in/out (also nice). But, you could also move around the inside of the plane using the default keys above.The FS default keys work well in the FS2k2 Dessault Falcon (in fact are actually placed on the placard in the plane). This plane will import into FS9, and again the keys will move you around the cabin and the cockpit.The 3d model of the aircraft interior is part of the VC, thus you are able to move around at will (yes, Active Camera makes it easier, but not required). Are you saying that the PMDG is constructed in a totally different way? The virtual cockpit and the virtual cabin are separate models? In that case, there must be another option on the payware Active Camera, because the old one only allowed for you to be in the plane or outside plane, what are the options now? How is this third option listed? I was unable to find it on their site.I am suprised to hear this, but not disapointed as I dont use any of the virtual components (frame rate hit). BUT, I would at least like to see the cabin one time. I did not see on the PMDG site any statement that the cabin is only usable upon purchase of another software product? I missed it, can you point me to that page?

Mike,This doesn't answer to all parts of your message, but if you want to have a look at the cabin you may download the demo version of Active Camera and move the airplane to the Seattle area where the demo version has full functionality.

I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding. Unless something has changed in SU2, I can move around the virtual cabin using just the keyboard as well as ActiveCamera, it just takes a lot longer.

Guest bob14k

yes you can use the ctrl key to look around the a/c just like in fs2002Robert

thats what I suspected guys, thanks for the clarification. Now I just have to give it a try. :-)

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Ian,As far as I know the walkaround with the standard ctrl key is limited to a short distance of the virtual cockpit reference point, on either lateral, longitudinal and vertical axis. This is true for FS2004 default a/c's.As for the 737NG walkaround in VC I cannot affirm since I don't have this wonderful piece of software installed on my PC :-( Best regards,

Serge,I'll be darned, I didn't know that. I've only tried the old way of moving around in smaller aircraft, mainly the default ones before I bought AC but now that I think about it, I should have known :)

Guest Goose

Thanks to everyone who gave their thoughts on the matter. Now I know where I stand with the cabin views.

Guest jdrago

What are the actual keystrokes to move around?Thanks,John Drago