Sign in to follow this  
Guest sludge

SIDS/STARS Error Messages

Guest sludge

I finally got the download; uninstalled the old version and installed the new. My system is a Dell Dimension 8200 running Windows XP Home SP 1 and FS2002. Went to the Malaga airport (LEMG) for a trial flight to Alicante (LEAL).When I set position at LEMG I got the error message on the MCDU of "Error 40, line 73". I cleared the error, set LEAL as the destination, and got the error message on the MCDU of "T1 Line 109". Decided to try a flight in the UK instead. Tried Birmingham to Southhampton. When I set the position to Birmingham (EGBB) I got the error message "Error@RNW, line 112". I got no error message when I selected the destination of Southhampton EGHI. So, I re-positioned the airplane to Stansted (EGSS) and got no error messages, and was able to conduct a flight from EGSS to EDHI without event. Neat!Has anyone else had any problems with the SIDS/STARS supplied with this update? Or did something get left out during installation?All help appreciated.Dell Dimension 8200 Pentium-4 2.6 GHz1 GB RDRAMATI 9700 Pro 128 MBWinXP Home SP1FS2002ThxBill

Guest sludge

Thanks George but I have the latest Navdata--AIRAC cycle 0312. Something else is amiss here.....ThxBill

Guest sludge

George:The SIDS/STARS are in the directory that PMDG chose to install them to--I didn't make any changes or moave anything around.I've only tried 5 airports so far, but the first 3 I tried gave error messages. I haven't had a chance to try any other airports.Since three out of five gave errors, I thought I'd better post the question here before I started getting really frustrated....Now, one thing I noticed is that when I started the installation I was told to pay close attention to some technical information at the end of the installation. However, before I could read all the information the installation routine started to reboot my computer. Since I am using XP Home Edition SP1 I thought I was covered, but did I leave out someting by any chance??ThxBill

Bill the issue is with the SID texts themselfs. Terry Yingling can help you out. You can even make your own (look in the PMDG folder in the main FS directory) in the manual folder for the instructions. We checked many but there are always some that contain errors, this will be soon fixed and PMDG I think has a area where users can upload their own to share with all of us.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

I am working through my sidstars files to correct any errors before I upload them again to my site, I should have a few ready to upload later today. Within the next couple of days these should be available on my site again:-EGLL, EGKK, EGCC, EGBB, EGSS, EGGW, EGPK, EGNX, EGGP, LEAL, LEMG, LEPA, LIMC, LKPR, GCTS, GCLP.Then in the coming weeks I have quite a few more to finalise and upload.http://homepage.ntlworld.com/simon.butler2...usefulfiles.htmSimon

Guest sludge

Simon:Thank you very much, I look forward to downloading and using your SIDS/STARS! I do appreciate the time you invest in making this fabulous simulation even better, and the fact that you are willing to share your work. Big-time thanks!Randy:Thank you, I guess I just started off unlucky with my first three airport choices. I've found the documentation but I just haven't had the time or energy to try to troubleshoot these files. My thanks to Mr. Yingling for his work in modifying the SIDS/STARS to work with this new release.And finally, thanks to the PMDG crew for making this add-on the best add-on available for FS2002 and FS9. This really is a wonderful piece of work! ThanksBill SteelhammerFormer corporate pilot/flight instuctor/charter pilotFormer Douglas Aircraft Compamy employeeCurrent Boeing employee

Guest stang

Howdy Bill>When I set position at LEMG I got the error message on the>MCDU of "Error 40, line 73". I cleared the error, set LEAL asCongrats, you found a DAFIF error. This involves an arc. The DAFIF listed a left for a right turn arc and a right for a left turn arc. This blew my arc name generator and it created a bunch of junk. I corrected my master DAFIF database and this airport now works. Correction will be in next procedure update, probably B.>the destination, and got the error message on the MCDU of "T1>Line 109". Unfortunately I found this after the release of SU2. It was corrected but unfortunately I ran into another problem. This airport has a navaid called ALT. This is also a keyword in the procedures language. It causes errors. I think I will have it fixed in B update soon.>Birmingham (EGBB) I got the error message "Error@RNW, line>112". I got no error message when I selected the destination>of Southhampton EGHI. A bug found here. RNW 33 should not be in the line 112. Should have this fixed in next update. Just delete the "RNW 33" to make this airport work.Later allTerry