Sign in to follow this  
MrHoward

SU2 CTD Problem

Greetings all,First let me say that I'm quite overjoyed with the SU2 so far. It's an amazing piece of work. My hats off to PMDG for their dedication to our hobby.Unfortunately, my bliss is being interruped by a consistent CTD that has crept up.I'm consistently getting CTD's whenever I attempt to access the taskbar in FS2004 when flying the PMDG 700 AS no VC/VCAB. Default paint or 3rd Party paints - doesn't matter.I'm usually attempting to click on the 'views' menu to change the zoom level in Spot view but I never get the chance - it always crashes FS.It doesn't matter if it's already in the spot view or in the 2d panel mode. It's maddening.And no, I haven't downloaded or installed anything new. I did add the recommended tweaks to the FS9.cfg from your website - but I disabled what I added already to no avail. If I alias the panel to another 3rd Party model and attempt to use the taskbar I have no issues - so I'm wondering if it's something with an incompatible paint or the new model itself.Whatever the culprit it's quite annoying :( It's pretty much grounded me as I keep forgetting not to click the damn taskbar and I always seem to forget something prior to launching a flight (fuel/the correct zoom/the flight number set/something...) :)Help!!

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

For kicks and giggles, try a flight in the middle of the summer. FS2004 seems to have some issues with CTDs and seasons, but never like the ones you mention. For the heck of it, try a pure summer flight? (shrug)-Greg

I'll try a summer flight. Though I doubt that's the sole culprit - I've been in this season for a while now with no issues. The PMDG 737 model may not be the cause - but it's definately a catalyst.

Howard H.

-Mahatma Gandhi

Aye, latest Catalyst 3.9.I'm sure it could be a vid problem - but something with the PMDG model is triggering it - would be nice to figure out so I can tweak the vid settings to prevent it.By the way I'm using a Radeon 9000 Pro 128. (I know... I know...):)

Howard H.

-Mahatma Gandhi